Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New music suggestions

New music suggestions

I'm really enjoying the Johnny Marr CD. At first I wasn't so sure, but after a few listens I really like it.

And although I'm into modern R&B, I just downloaded the new release from "Lady". After hearing it described as having that "1970's Memphis Soul vibe", I had to investigate further. So far, I'm digging it.

Whachya got good? Please share

Nice tunes - I love hearing about new stuff to listen to. Thanks, Shawn!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

What's old is new again - I just discovered Wolfmother - How did I miss these guys?

And getting into the Black Keys - better late than never...

Been so busy in the woodshed that I haven't really bought anything new in 3 years!

Within The Ruins' new album has been in rotation in my car lately

The same goes for Mutiny Within's new album Synchronicity

Alabama Shakes! (I imagine you already have that one.)

Gary Clark Jr. is good too, although he's been around a little while now. I think his CD just came out recently.

Anything by Jack White or his other projects. I love his "Blunderbuss" CD, but he isn't everybody's cup of tea.

J.D. McPherson.

Alejandro Escovedo.

The reissue of Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" has some interesting things in it, especially if you're really into them like I am.

I hear that the reissue of Stevie's "Texas Flood" is great, but I haven't heard it myself. I can't.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-17-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

For years I stayed away from country music like the plague, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Brad Paisley and Danny Gatton.

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    For years I stayed away from country music like the plague, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Brad Paisley and Danny Gatton.
    Check out Danny Gatton and Robert Gordon "The Humbler". It's a rockabilly record and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Alabama Shakes! (I imagine you already have that one.)

Gary Clark Jr. is good too, although he's been around a little while now. I think his CD just came out recently.

Anything by Jack White or his other projects. I love his "Blunderbuss" CD, but he isn't everybody's cup of tea.

J.D. McPherson.

Alejandro Escovedo.

The reissue of Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" has some interesting things in it, especially if you're really into them like I am.

I hear that the reissue of Stevie's "Texas Flood" is great, but I haven't heard it myself. I can't.

Lloyd
    I'm a big fan of Alejandro Escovedo and I'm hoping to catch him live again. He's touring with Los Lobos.

Check out Brad's CD "Play"...if you get a chance...he's a monster...and 5 years ago, I would have never written this...definitely gettin' my country on...older = wiser???

I just got the Mavericks new album, easy listening and smile along to music. I have a lot of time for Chickenfoot, generally don't like 'super-groups' but there seems to be fewer ego issues with them. Want to see Chad Smith back as stickman however.

don't want to be a member
    I still do my Dad is a big fan of all country music, I always feel really depressed after he puts a cd on...

Best player for me at the moment is Dave Weiner, His latest album was part of the reason why I went for a SE Angelus.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenJ1973 View Post
    I still do my Dad is a big fan of all country music, I always feel really depressed after he puts a cd on...

Best player for me at the moment is Dave Weiner, His latest album was part of the reason why I went for a SE Angelus.

On tour with Steve Vai. The tone of that Angelus blew away Steve's Ibanez acoustic. I don't understand why Steve doesn't use better acoustics.
    --Garrett--

This is a few years old but still kicks ass.

You're never too old for tater tots.

Anyone else have some new tunes they care share?
    Last edited by Shawn@PRS; 03-18-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Do you have the new Joe B. side project? I don't, but I hope to get it sometime soon. I like it on YT.

Lloyd

They aren't really that new but I just found out about them and can't stop listening . Blackberry Smoke

My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

This is a couple years old, but she hasn't caught on here in America yet so I'll post it. This is Paul Cook's (Sex Pistols) daughter.

Here is some new stuff, these are a couple of the artists I work for.

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    They aren't really that new but I just found out about them and can't stop listening . Blackberry Smoke
    A few years ago I saw them open for ZZ in Lubbock Texas. They were a last minute addition, nobody had ever heard of them, and this was a rowdy college crowd who wanted their ZZ now. These guys were up against it, but they held their own, and I thought they sounded great. Solid, no frills rock and roll.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-18-2013 at 03:13 PM.

I've been listening to a lot of Black Veil Brides lately. Saw them in January and seem to not be able to stop listening to them, not everyone's cup of tea but I'm a metal head lol