Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any model suggestion? What do you hope to see in the SE line?

I think the current line up is pretty good but they need more finish options. There should be a lot more colors to choose from on each model so they don't all look alike.

We also need an SE version of the CE24.

I'm thinking SE 250, like a Tremonti signature without the signature and all that, with maple top and more finish options. I think PRS should make a bolt neck SE to make them more affordable. And I also hope they'd come up with a SE Starla, maybe even introduce another version of SE Custom Semi-hollow with violin f-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    But of course, is there any other? While we are at it... single coil lipstick in the neck.
    now this is a super radical design for prs!

se neal schon signature please.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Upgraded stock Marsden for 2014.

Covers on the SE245 pups.

Range of colours.

2 Vol 2 Tone (I'm happy with the current layout but reading reviews it seems more people want that layout).

Coil Tap via Push Pull.

Everything else same as it currently is.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

well I would like to see the SE Singlecut with a stop tail brought back. Don`t like or need a trem. Also like the 25" sscale over the 24.5.AND also like the knob placement vs the weird layout of the SE245. Only need one volume and tone anyway and having the volume right off the bridge is sweet foir qick adjustments. I like the toggle there too. BUT add the SE HFS/Vintage pups like the cutom and a push/pull tone.

I like the thinner body of the singlecut. I am kind of confused a bit by the thicker body of the SE245. First the neck angle is wierd so you can`t use any standard LP case AND it weighs the same as the thinner singelcut YES THE SAME!! ( I had two of them here and weighed them both) So the SE245s much be chambered or something as the added thickness they should be ALOT heavier than a singlecut.

Anyway my boy does have a 2012 SE Singlecut and I am going to put the USA HFS/VIntage pups in it with a USA drop in controls with push/pull tone. So I will have what I think would be a cool guitar after all. He will let me play it at time lol.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    well I would like to see the SE Singlecut with a stop tail brought back. Don`t like or need a trem. Also like the 25" sscale over the 24.5.AND also like the knob placement vs the weird layout of the SE245. Only need one volume and tone anyway and having the volume right off the bridge is sweet foir qick adjustments. I like the toggle there too. BUT add the SE HFS/Vintage pups like the cutom and a push/pull tone.

I like the thinner body of the singlecut. I am kind of confused a bit by the thicker body of the SE245. First the neck angle is wierd so you can`t use any standard LP case AND it weighs the same as the thinner singelcut YES THE SAME!! ( I had two of them here and weighed them both) So the SE245s much be chambered or something as the added thickness they should be ALOT heavier than a singlecut.

Anyway my boy does have a 2012 SE Singlecut and I am going to put the USA HFS/VIntage pups in it with a USA drop in controls with push/pull tone. So I will have what I think would be a cool guitar after all. He will let me play it at time lol.
    This. I missed the SE Singlecut. I wonder why'd they stop producing it, everyone's gotta need a 25" scale PRS Singlecut, even in the SE line! Hope they come with bird inlays

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Upgraded stock Marsden for 2014.

Covers on the SE245 pups.

Range of colours.

2 Vol 2 Tone (I'm happy with the current layout but reading reviews it seems more people want that layout).

Coil Tap via Push Pull.

Everything else same as it currently is.
    Bernie with 4 knobs? Doesn't that make it an SE245?

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    Bernie with 4 knobs? Doesn't that make it an SE245?
    It would make it a little closer for sure. I've read a lot of reviews where people state the Marsden is just a 245 with binding and a different knob layout but they're missing some important differences:

The Marsden has a unique version of the wide fat profile which was based on Bernie's '59 LP 'The Beast'. It's a touch wider and deeper than the standard wide fat of the 245 but you (Or at least I) can feel it.

Bound Neck

Vintage Gromet tuners

You could also throw in the coil tap and out of phase settings and covered pups and I think there'd be more than enough there to make an upgraded Marsden a unique guitar compared to the 245. I'm happy with the 3 knob layout... Maybe it'd look a little cooler if the was a curve to the knob layout like on the DGT.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    SE McCarty Soapbar Standard

Body
    Body wood - Mahogany (McCarty thickness)

Neck
    Number of frets - 22
    Scale length - 24.5"
    Neck wood - Mahogany
    Fretboard wood - Rosewood
    Neck shape - Wide Fat
    Fretboard inlays - Moons

Hardware & Electronics
    Bridge - PRS designed stoptail
    Tuners - Vintage Grommet Style
    Hardware type - Nickel
    Treble pickup - SE Soapbar Overwound 9.4k
    Bass pickup - SE Soapbar 8.2k
    Pickup switching - 3 way toggle

Colors

Goldtop
    Vintage Natural

Options
    Fretboard inlays - Birds
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

It would make it a little closer for sure. I've read a lot of reviews where people state the Marsden is just a 245 with binding and a different knob layout but they're missing some important differences:

The Marsden has a unique version of the wide fat profile which was based on Bernie's '59 LP 'The Beast'. It's a touch wider and deeper than the standard wide fat of the 245 but you (Or at least I) can feel it.

Bound Neck

Vintage Gromet tuners

You could also throw in the coil tap and out of phase settings and covered pups and I think there'd be more than enough there to make an upgraded Marsden a unique guitar compared to the 245. I'm happy with the 3 knob layout... Maybe it'd look a little cooler if the was a curve to the knob layout like on the DGT.
    I haven't looked at this thread until today (or if I did I don't remember it anyway), but there are some cool ideas here. I like all of this, Mike. It's good to know that you can really tell the neck is a bit bigger on the Bernie Marsden. Cool idea about curving the knob layout too.

Lloyd/Goldtop/SE One Fan
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Bound Neck

Vintage Gromet tuners

oh yeahh, i missed out on the neck profile! i remember reading about it in a mag last year. they did say it's slightly different from the other wide fat profiles, though i can't point out exactly what's the difference because i've never seen or play one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    SE McCarty Soapbar Standard

Body
    Body wood - Mahogany (McCarty thickness)

Neck
    Number of frets - 22
    Scale length - 24.5"
    Neck wood - Mahogany
    Fretboard wood - Rosewood
    Neck shape - Wide Fat
    Fretboard inlays - Moons

Hardware & Electronics
    Bridge - PRS designed stoptail
    Tuners - Vintage Grommet Style
    Hardware type - Nickel
    Treble pickup - SE Soapbar Overwound 9.4k
    Bass pickup - SE Soapbar 8.2k
    Pickup switching - 3 way toggle

Colors

Goldtop
    Vintage Natural

Options
    Fretboard inlays - Birds
    well, now that they've got the SE 245 Soapbar, I hope they'd come up with a doublecut version similar to what you said. Gotta love the doublecuts that PRS make! I'd really want a bigger finish selection though!