Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Vinyl

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Have we had this one yet?

Pink Floyd The Final Cut (Fantastic and incredibly moving album IMHO)

Rear cover

Clever pic that told some stories.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post

Pink Floyd The Final Cut (Fantastic and incredibly moving album IMHO)

Clever pic that told some stories.
    Very cool, especially given the history of the band. Thanks for those.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

"Music From Big Pink" (One version anyway) - Da Band

Big Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    It's the 40th Anniversary of Dark Side this weekend and to celebrate, Storm created some new prism designs:

I remember this one a while back but wasn't keen:

Last edited by Mikegarveyblues; 03-22-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

The Mighty Priest - "Rocka Rolla".

Goldtopa

"You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish" - REO Speedwagon. I've always heard this thing about the tuna fish, but I've never put it to the test. Is it true? Even if you used one of the newer, smaller pedal tuners, where would you plug it?

Goldtop

REO Speedwagon "Hi Infidelity". The Monster! They blew up with this one. They hit the road for a loooonnng time, including a series of co-headlining gigs with Heart, which I was fortunate enough to catch one year at The Astrodome. Just thinking about that night still gives me chills...

Goldtop Lloyd

"Draw the Line" by Aerosmith. Art by Al Hirschfeld. Mr. Hirschfeld had a daughter named Nina, and many times in his drawings he hid her name somewhere. The number after his signature told how many 'Ninas' were in that particular drawing. If there was no number, either there is only one hidden Nina, or the drawing was done before she was born and it has none. This one has a number 3, so there are three Ninas in here somewhere. There's one in Steve Tyler's hair. Where are the others?

Draw the Goldtop

Al Hirschfeld : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hirschfeld
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-23-2013 at 01:11 AM.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    It's the 40th Anniversary of Dark Side this weekend and to celebrate, Storm created some new prism designs:

[/IMG]
    Good. Gawd.

If ever there was a reason to gobble a pile of acid to see what would happen, this one image is it!

First came this: Elvis Presley's debut.

Then came this: The Clash "London Calling"

Goldtop Calling
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-23-2013 at 01:48 AM.

"Wanted: The Outlaws" by Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, and Tompall Glaser. Most everybody thinks of this as a Willie record, but I think it was officially a Waylon release at the time.

Wanted: Goldtop

Buck Owens and the Buckaroos "Live at Carnegie Hall" in 'new, improved, full dimensional stereo'. A C&W band in their Nudie suits in NYC! The Big Time!

Goldtoperoo
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-23-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Elvis "Aloha From Hawaii". Such a big deal was made of the satellite link up thing. 'Beamed down to you from miles above the earth! Space age technology!' The album cover had a circular cutout where the picture of Elvis on the inner sleeve showed through. The gig itself was a benefit of some kind (can't remember the details, but it's probably on the web somewhere. Seems like it was a cancer-related charity, but that could be wrong), and it was reported that Elvis himself bought the first ticket sold. I thought that was so cool.

I was a kid when the concert took place, and my parents and I watched it on tv. Then later when the record came out and I wanted a copy, they didn't approve. 'Why buy a record of it when we already saw it?' My allowance money went towards it so they couldn't stop it, but they thought it was a waste of money.

Also, Elvis was on RCA, and I remember that all of the RCA albums were made of such crappy paper. The covers were glossy, but they scuffed quicker than records from any other label, and in no time the glossy layer would start to peel off. Cheap. The King deserved better representation...

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-23-2013 at 02:36 AM.

I wore this one out and had to buy a second copy. I don't know if it was ever released on CD, but if it was I'd like to have a copy. "Makin' Music" by Roy Clark and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. Recorded on a shoestring in Tulsa Oklahoma, produced by Steve Ripley who later on did Ripley Guitars for EVH and several others. Steve also went on to play in The Tractors.

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-23-2013 at 02:51 AM.

don't want to be a member
    Judas Priest the album titles are on the artwork

Ther's quite a few more albums but these are the ones I have bought in the past....don't listen to them anymore.

I'm still stuck thinking about Nancy Wilson - woof!

I highly recommend their autobiography: Kicking and Dreaming

Heart :: Little Queen

Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Banned
    Here are some more....so many to choose from:

For the Mother's Live at the Fillmore...I've gotta show both sides of the album....Note...."tape" and other "marks" on the reverse are part of the album art.

And here is my "Gateway drug" into the world of music at the age of 10:

Formerly of Mott the Hoople, the title is on the cover. One of my "Pet Peeves"...another time that "Schizophrenic" is misused to try to describe a multiple personality. Too often the term is used incorrectly. That being said, "You're Never alone with a Multiple Personality Disorder":

My first introduction to "Techno-Pop" and a song that NEVER got AM radio airplay. As long as "Inna Gadda Da Vida"!

A few from Lowell George's great Group, Little Feat:

Check out the driver!

Les...is that your accordion???

Always thought "Synchronicity 2" was my favorite Police Song...so ominous:

Last edited by docbennett; 03-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Banned
    This is by the same composers as "Jesus Christ Superstar" and actually preceded it. I got it when it first came out, as part of my introductory offer of 10 albums for a penny from the Record Club of America. Remember them? 10 albums for 1 cent...then you are just obligated to buy another 250 albums in the next 2 years at $8 bucks per album. Anyway, got some good stuff back in the day....

Inside Cover:

Love this Band, but they were almost as badly cursed as the Ramones:

Here is a great compilation album, featuring "Buck's Boogie" from BOC:

And this is one of the most acclaimed compilations of the "Psychedelic Era" by Lenny Kaye....guitarist for Patti Smith, and highly regarded Rock Critic:

Back cover, "set list and liner notes":

Tangerine Dream is one of my favorite Instrumental Bands:

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I'm still stuck thinking about Nancy Wilson - woof!
    I hear ya. My advice to you is to keep your love alive.

Lloyd, who is ashamed he couldn't control himself there...

To docbennett:

These are great! Thanks for posting them. In the car, is that George Washington behind the wheel with Marilyn by his side?

And that 'Guitars That Destroyed the World'... I've always wanted a copy of that. Congrats.

Lloyd/Goldtop