Thread: New Forum Member New Guitar Day

don't want to be a member

New Forum Member New Guitar Day

I have left the forum after only 10 days it is a unfriendly place, all pics have been removed.
    Last edited by DarrenJ1973; 03-29-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Welcome and congrats on the new guitar!

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

I'm glad you worked through the initial disappointment and are liking the guitar.
    Welcome to the forum.

Welcome and congrats on the new guitar.
    Plank Owner

Welcome! Enjoy it!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Nice pick - after an 18-month wait, I just got the Custom w/electronics. Very nice guitars - they were the hit of Experience when they were introduced.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Thanks everyone, now i have sorted the initial problem, I'm really enjoying it spent about 4 hours with it yesterday and it sounds fantastic, I've just found the "introduce yourself" thread so i'll introduce myself properly over there.

I went for this version primarily cos of my budget, even though I have sold all my electric gear I am out of work so the proceeds from that huge sacrifice are taking care of businesss otherwise I could of bought a USA Angelus...

Having the preamp is not a huge problem for me as I'm not performing at the moment. And I can always fit a after market system or put a mic in front of the sound hole (there's nothing wrong with the PRS system just I was not able to pay out the extra 200 for it)
    Last edited by DarrenJ1973; 03-17-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Very cool. Congrats and Welcome!

Thanks Jester

Had a acoustic Jam tonight with my best mate whos is also my next door neighbour, in all the youtube vids we are shown with the SE Angelus we only hear the guitar on it's own, my mate played rhythm and I took the lead, not only does it sound great when both guitars are doing verse and chorus but it really cuts through for solos

My mate was playing a Tanglewood that I sold him a few years ago and I got about 13 years ago, that in itself is a nice sounding acoustic for the price it was way back then, but the SE ran circles around it with every note both loud a clear enough to make me an more importantly the songs sound awesome. we were mainly jamming 80s acoustic rock (GNR - Lies genre). Going to do it again at the weekend might video it might not, just doing it for a laugh.

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    A nice way to start. I'd love to have one of the Customs. Welcome to the forum.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Very nice!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Thanks guys,

I'm really enjoying the standard and if I could of budgeted for the extra 100 for the custom I would of gone for that too...I'm convinced that the premium is because the word "custom" is used

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenJ1973 View Post
    Thanks guys,

I'm really enjoying the standard and if I could of budgeted for the extra 100 for the custom I would of gone for that too...I'm convinced that the premium is because the word "custom" is used
    Pretty sure the premium is in the rosewood back & sides and ebony fingerboard & bridge...

Congrats on the guitar and glad to hear it's grown on you. My curiosity is piqued, what turned you off initially about the guitar?
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Thanks Jon
    It was basically the element of breaking a 53 guage string with minutes of opening the case which made me assume that there was something wrong with the guitar and that I couldn't get it to tune up properly.

A change of strings to a more reputable brand has now made the guitar sound awesome, also I was compelled to buy it untried online as my local PRS dealers didn't stock them. And I normally use one store for guitars that I have been using for too many years to count so if i bought from them i would of known it was going to be perfect but alas the store i bought it from was the 1st time I used them so naturally was nervous.

Congrats on the guitar and welcome!

I've used D'Addarios for years with no problems...sounds simply like a bad set....happens. Glad you dig the guitar!
    -Bob

Thanks Bob, I used daddario on electrics before and i've never liked their tone, I always end up going back to Ernie Ball

Now the guitar is starting to open up and settle it's sounding amazing and using the spider capos' with it is really amazing.