Thread: NGD: Hollowbody II Artist

NGD: Hollowbody II Artist

Hi, here my knew Hollowbody II artist, faded jeans, ebony board, one piece quilted and piezo. Great weight and tone!!!
    hope you like and sorry for the bad pics (I am as good photographer as I am a guitar player, LOL)

The last one with her other blue sister (MEQ).
    Last edited by Brazilian wood; 03-21-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add pics

The BOMB!!

Incredible!

That is OUTSTANDING!!!!
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Amazing. Congrats.
    Plank Owner

Very Nice!! Congrats.

Wow, sweet!!!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Love it. That's cool.

Love it!

HNGD!

Yeah, that a sweet and unique looking guitar. I haven't played a PRS hollow body. How does it sound without an amp and does the hollow body change the sound much when it's plugged in? I used to have a Gibson ES345 and I always felt the thin hollow body gave it extra resonance. HNGD!
    So many guitars So little money

Absolutely stunning!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

If it had an Eagle on the headstock I would have thought this is PS
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange

Thank you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victek View Post
    Yeah, that a sweet and unique looking guitar. I haven't played a PRS hollow body. How does it sound without an amp and does the hollow body change the sound much when it's plugged in? I used to have a Gibson ES345 and I always felt the thin hollow body gave it extra resonance. HNGD!
    I have been with her for 5 days now and my impressions are that unplugged it sounds louder, not as loud a an acoustic but louder than a solid body. It is interesting that I always play unplugged while watching TV and I have seen my wife increasing the TV volume while I was playing it, showing how louder it is compared to my other solid bodies PRS.

Plugged it is a joy. Despite not having the full body crunch for chords as a McCarty or a Les Paul it has a gorgeous open and airy chords, great clean tones and beautiful soloing sounds. Only played at home yet but it works well with overdrive also and could not hear feedback issues.

I am very happy with this one, it is very light and the quality is top notch. I have a 2007 Artist McCarty and this 2012 HB2 artist seens to be even more flawless in contruction (if I can say that) compared to my other PRS.
    Last edited by Brazilian wood; 03-23-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Grammar erros

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian wood View Post
    I have been with her for 5 days now and my impressions are that unplugged it sounds louder, not as loud a an acoustic but louder than a solid body. It is interesting that I always play unplugged while watching TV and I have seen my wife increasing the TV volume while I was playing it, showing how louder it is compared to my other solid bodies PRS.

Plugged it is a joy. Despite not having the full body crunch for chords as a McCarty or a Les Paul it has a gorgeous open and airy chords, great clean tones and beautiful soloing sounds. Only played at home yet but it works well with overdrive also and could not hear feedback issues.

I am very happy with this one, it is very light and the quality is top notch. I have a 2007 Artist McCarty and this 2012 HB2 artist seens to be even more flawless in contruction (if I can say that) compared to my other PRS.
    That first part about the TV volume rings true in my house too As she creeps up the volume, I'll start playing louder just to mess with her

It doesn't quite have the solid body crunch, but I feel like it makes up for that a bit with the big, open, beefy resonance. Mine is a SCHB II. We rehearse pretty loud and the 1st time I had it out, I had zero feedback issues. It felt pretty natural in the mix to me with high gain. I play in band that is kinda AIC, Tool, STP in terms of gain levels.

Awww man, just noticed your artist case is blue lined! JEALOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Awww man, just noticed your artist case is blue lined! JEALOUS!
    Yeah, I noticed that too - makes for good pictures
    So many guitars So little money

What a great pair!
    I love the HB with a piezo - one of my favourite guitars.