Thread: Geeky Stuff

Geeky Stuff

I'll admit it any time - I'm a geek. And my son's a geek, but at least he can revel in it, unlike when I was his age and being a nerd was a bad thing. And I do geeky things - I record tons of custom ring tones for our phones (his, mine, my wife's). I have goofy answering machine messages - somewhere, I have a message that I edited together from the Howard Stern show about 20 years ago. Even says my name. Years ago, I even used Dr. Sbaitso to do a Stephen Hawking message for myself. And then I do stuff like this...

We finally caved and bought a GPS last year. Almost instantly, we loaded the Billy Connolly voice for it. Later added the John Cleese. Somehow or another, I found out you could load your own car images to it. So, this is what it looked like on my last trip to SOMD last year (and I still have the same icon to this day, although the Bluesmobile or the Batmobile would be excellent choices).

I got hooked on Doctor Who the year they showed "Christmas Carol" here the same day as in the UK. My son got hooked even harder. Even my wife watches the show - they're not going to let me change this...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

don't want to be a member
    just don't add yoda's voice, by the time you've reconstructed the sentence you will have missed the turning. I have loads of tech stuff that gets used for a few months then put away once the novelty wears off.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    I've just got a new Sat Nav but not tested it... Wonder if you can get a guitar icon?
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

don't want to be a member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    I've just got a new Sat Nav but not tested it... Wonder if you can get a guitar icon?
    you can Ozzy both the clean and the expletive infused version

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    I told my wife I wanted to get a pic of Randy's polka-dot V so that driving is like being in the "Crazy Train" video.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

You guys are lucky. I'm stuck with Spongebob in a row boat. I even have to listen to his voice.

Banned
    Isn't it funny how "Geek" has come to mean technologically proficient and precocious?

How many people are aware that the original definition of "Geek" was the developmentally disabled guy in the circus freak show who they kept in a cage, and who would bite the heads off of chickens???

I didn't bite them off! I was only putting them in my mouth, pretending. I sneezed one time and, oops! Now everyone assumes that was the plan.

Cool! That's the bummer of using GPS on my phone. I don't get to do fun stuff like that. I love Doctor Who. I try to explain to my wife how interesting and exciting it is, and she just doesn't get it. But then, she has trouble convincing me why she enjoys Vampire Diaries.

I've always been a geek. I always want to know everything about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenJ1973 View Post
    just don't add yoda's voice, by the time you've reconstructed the sentence you will have missed the turning. I have loads of tech stuff that gets used for a few months then put away once the novelty wears off.
    Hahaha. "Turn left in 800 feet, you will."
    --Garrett--