For the last eight or nine years I have been using this pedal board I built to go in a tool case I bought. It has worked very well, but I have outgrown it. It's sort of sad to see it go as I have played well over a hundred gigs, probably closer to 200 in probably a dozen states with this thing. In the photo below, the M9 has been replaced with a Mobius, which is the best modulation pedal ever, but is just too large for the available space.
So, I bought a newer, larger case. Pelican 1600, used on ebay.
Last week I had a day off while HVAC work was being done to my house. I finally had some time to build this thing.
First, I removed the foam that was glued into the case. There was all this custom cut rigid foam in there. As you can see below there's still glue residue left behind. I might just leave it, or find a piece of thin foam to glue down.
I cut some pieces out for a frame.
Then I used the router to take down the corners so I could install some reinforcement plywood pieces. The plywood is birch, it's super light and thin but very rigid. The inch and a half square on the bottom will be doubled by the top piece and I will have something to attach recessed feet, so they only protrude from the bottom by 1/8-1/4" or so.
Glued it all up, got it squared. I was wearing gloves because I was working with two part epoxy.
Then I cut the piece I will glue to the frame. Made sure it fit.