Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: If the PRS Artist Relations Manager called you...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,144

    If the PRS Artist Relations Manager called you...

    If the PRS Artist Relations Manager (Bev) called you and asked you to recommend 3 guitarists you think they should chase...

    1) Who would you suggest?
    2) Why?
    3) What is the PRS Model you would recommend?
    One Life

  2. #2
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,898
    I'd add a further wrinkle to this. The players should not be associated with a current signature model. i.e Eric Clapton and his signature Strat.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Driffield. U.K
    Posts
    408
    1) Me
    2) just coz
    3) hollowbody 2 (i love the look and tone of these things)

    thats all i can think of at the moment

  4. #4
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    Wow Hans...tough one. I have a few but will go with the most mainstream that I can think of off the top of my head.

    1) Keith Urban

    2) He is an absolute killer on the guitar and has a huge worldwide following and is very "in the public eye".

    3) The DC-3, CU24, NF-3

    (I don't know if he has a sig model anywhere else)
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  5. #5
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    1) Bibi McGill (she is the lead guitar player for Beyonce)

    2) Great chops and again, very "in the public eye".

    3) McCarty, Starla
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    1.) Doyle Bramhall II
    2.) Fantastic guitarist check out his stuff with Clapton or Arc Angels.
    3.) lefty 305 with Len's pickup magic.
    -Bob

  7. #7
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,144
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    1.) Doyle Bramhall II
    2.) Fantastic guitarist check out his stuff with Clapton or Arc Angels.
    3.) lefty 305 with Len's pickup magic.
    GOOD call!
    One Life

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    outside of his J 45 does Brad Paisley have an electric signature?
    -Bob

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    Maybe PRS should also go after more Bass players...that PS I played over the weekend was sick!!!
    -Bob

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    1.)Tim Reynolds
    2.) Dude is Badass on either an electric or an acoustic
    3.) Whatever electric he wants...for acoustic Tonare Grand.
    -Bob

  11. #11
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    Wow Hans...tough one. I have a few but will go with the most mainstream that I can think of off the top of my head.

    1) Keith Urban

    2) He is an absolute killer on the guitar and has a huge worldwide following and is very "in the public eye".

    3) The DC-3, CU24, NF-3

    (I don't know if he has a sig model anywhere else)
    I agree!
    -Bob

  12. #12
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    1) Prince

    2) WHAT?????

    3) Anyone he wants.
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  13. #13
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    1) Any popular Christian Genre guitarist who plays Gretsch.

    2) I know A LOT of christian guitarists that buy Gretsch guitars because these Christian band artists play them.

    3) Starla, HB II w/Piezo, JA-15 with Starla pickups
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    1) Gary Clarke Jr.
    2) Very Talented guitarist...Good song writer
    3.) Hollowbody Sprucetop with P-90's
    -Bob

  15. #15
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    Oooh - Good one!


    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    1) Gary Clarke Jr.
    2) Very Talented guitarist...Good song writer
    3.) Hollowbody Sprucetop with P-90's
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MD.
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    1) Gary Clarke Jr.
    2) Very Talented guitarist...Good song writer
    That IS a good pick. Just saw him for the first time and loved the vibe. Hope he continues to develop. He sounded kinda like a Robert Johnson/Hendrix/Lenny Kravitz/Ted Nugent sort of meld (threw Nuge in there for a bit of extra edge!).

    Guitar choice would be tough though....he's an earthy, elemental type of player, so the guitar should reflect that. McCarty maybe?? How 'bout a SC HB with no piezo?!!
    Last edited by AaeCee; 03-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by AaeCee View Post
    That IS a good pick. Just saw him for the first time and loved the vibe. Hope he continues to develop. He sounded kinda like a Robert Johnson/Hendrix/Lenny Kravitz/Ted Nugent sort of meld (threw Nuge in there for a bit of extra edge!).

    Guitar choice would be tough though....he's an earthy, elemental type of player, so the guitar should reflect that. McCarty maybe?? How 'bout a SC HB with no piezo?!!
    i went with a HB spruce top and P90 combo based on his Collection of Epiphone casino's with P90's.....especially that candy apple red one with the chrome P90's.....mmmmmmmmm....I also like the piezo addition although I originally didn't....either that or give him an Angelus sig as well....check out his mellower clips.
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 03-26-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    -Bob

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MD.
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    i went with a HB spruce top and P90 combo based on his Collection of Epiphone casino's with P90's.....especially that candy apple red one with the chrome P90's.....mmmmmmmmm....I also like the piezo addition although I originally didn't....either that or give him an Angelus sig as well....check out his mellower clips.
    Yeah, after I re-read your guitar choice I really liked it. It would seemingly be ideal for him......heck, I'D LOVE a spruce P-90 HB myself, especially in SC form!

  19. #19
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,125
    1) Anyone on the Warped tour

    2) Cult-like following

    3) Dunno.
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  20. #20
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    No one. PRS shouldn't chase anyone - artists should chase PRS.

    You either care about paychecks or good guitars and good people - it's up to them.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •