Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If the PRS Artist Relations Manager called you...

Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    3) Johnny Hiland with a low profile Floyd and a single coil in the middle.
    I doubt they would go there a second time...

Todd Mohr (Big Head Todd & the Monsters)
    because he rocks

The only artist I really wish was playing PRS right now is Alex Lifeson. I loved his tone on Counterparts, recorded almost entirely with a 1991 CE24 (alder body, maple top). He still tours with that guitar but only uses it on songs that require 24 frets (Leave That Thing Alone).

As for why, Rush is one of the biggest rock bands still making money on large stadium shows. They're known as a player's band; you can bet that most of their fanbase are musicians themselves and will be taking note of their gear. There really aren't a lot of players with as much influence on the guitar buyers' market.

He's disqualified by Shawn's addendum because he's got a signature line with Gibson right now. I am not at all interested in it. But a signature PRS would be another matter. I'd push the SC 245, the 408, and the P22. Maybe the new Hollowbody II as well.
    Last edited by Sage; 08-19-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Ben Gibbard
    He's extremely talented
    SAS or DC3 or 305

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    I doubt they would go there a second time...
    I wasn't suggesting another Hiland guitar - #3 is which guitar you'd put in their hands.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Don't give prince a PRS, the stupid bastard will throw it and break the headstock.

Give Alex a cu24 with the 5-way blade and the option to split both p-ups by themselves. 5909s too. Have Paul design washers and dryers for the next tour fill them with prs t-shirts.

1) Stephan Carpenter and/or Chino Moreno from Deftones
    2) Stephan has been an avid ESP guy his whole career. I doubt you'll ever pull him away. But Chino is usually playing a standard Gibson SG, and I don't think is endorsed by them. Either way getting a PRS into those guys hands would be awesome to see.
    3) If Stephan was up for a change, he would need a custom built baritone 8 string based off a Custom 24. Use a tune-o-matic with string thru body bridge and it would fit his needs. Get a good old' Custom 22 hardtail into Chinos hands.

I would just say...offer maple/maple necks as an option for all models.Why do i have to pay so much more for having a custom 22 with a maple/maple neck?The custom 22 mapleneck model for the people.
    Last edited by swede71; 08-21-2013 at 06:34 AM.

He already plays PRS, but Myles Kennedy should definitely have a signature model. A doublecut too, to differentiate from Mark a bit.

Another could be Guthrie Govan, I'd be interested to see what he'd come up with sporting a PRS Studio.

Another not-so-obvious choice would be Peredur Ap Gwynedd from Pendulum. Cool guy and very underrated IMO. Can imagine him with a 408 or P22 but I'm sure he'd come up with some interesting ideas for mods.

I'll play.

1. Dave Grohl; great songwriter and musician; Ice Blue HB or JA-15 (the DG-335 is technically "inspired by" and not a signature model in production)
    2. Steve Stevens; brilliant guitarist and rock legend; CU24 (yes, he has a Knaggs sig model, but it is a limited edition, and not really well known outside of guitar forums)
    3. Brad Whitford; Aerosmith! He plays PRS amps, time to get him back into the guitars! SC245
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    1. Dave Grohl
    I like where your head's at.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'll play.

1. Dave Grohl; great songwriter and musician; Ice Blue HB or JA-15 (the DG-335 is technically "inspired by" and not a signature model in production)
    2. Steve Stevens; brilliant guitarist and rock legend; CU24 (yes, he has a Knaggs sig model, but it is a limited edition, and not really well known outside of guitar forums)
    3. Brad Hamilton; Aerosmith! He plays PRS amps, time to get him back into the guitars! SC245
    If I were PRS AR, I'd make Dave Grohl #1 on the priority list and dedicate the entire company to reeling him in.

A clear CU22 with a maple neck, Dan Armstrong style, would be sent with the introduction letter. I'd send two copies of that guitar out - one to Hans and one to Sergio for good measure.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    If I were PRS AR, I'd make Dave Grohl #1 on the priority list and dedicate the entire company to reeling him in.

A clear CU22 with a maple neck, Dan Armstrong style, would be sent with the introduction letter. I'd send two copies of that guitar out - one to Hans and one to Sergio for good measure.
    Best idea EVER!

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Best idea EVER!
    We'll be needing some cabinets like this, please. The Grissom circuit would be ideal.

Name:  matchless_plexi_f.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  65.4 KB
    One Life

We'll be needing some cabinets like this, please. The Grissom circuit would be ideal.

Name:  matchless_plexi_f.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  65.4 KB
    Second best idea EVER!

A clear CU22 with a maple neck, Dan Armstrong style, would be sent with the introduction letter.
    This would be awesome!