Thread: NF pickup rings?

NF pickup rings?

sorry if this isn't the right section, but just a little pet peave. would anybody besides myself LOOOOOOOOVE to see black pickup rings available for sale for the narrowfields so we can swap out the "white only" pickup rings? such a small request to bring such happiness! HELP SHAWN!
    Last edited by helmi; 03-31-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Can't you just plastic paint/dye the cream ones?

Ask Shawn if he can get you black rings. I like black rings with the NFs because they make the pickup look bigger, almost like a P-90.

On this one, it was more about NOT having white pickup rings. I took a chance and spec'd black, I am very happy with the result.

very beautiful guitar, now that looks killer with the black pickup rings. no justmund, i dont want to paint the white ones, because if i mess up, then i'm royally screwed. i've got a gorgeous mccarty 25 nf 10-top quilt that is just stunning, but i look at the white pickup rings and just want to scream. they detract from the whole guitar because they stick out like a sore thumb. i already changed the toggle cap to black, and would be in heaven with 2 black rings!

If you were in Aus I'd try painting my spares and send them to you if it worked

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    If you were in Aus I'd try painting my spares and send them to you if it worked
    thank you. if i was in aus, i'd be a lot happier guy. how did you get spares by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by helmi View Post
    thank you. if i was in aus, i'd be a lot happier guy. how did you get spares by the way?
    I got hold of a pair of NFs out of a NF McCarty. A friend of mine got them from the US from someone who pulled them from his guitar. Somewhere out there is a NF McCarty that's been ruined.

I've put them in a SE EG and not using the rings... For now...

If I was a NF user, I'd want the black available. For certain color guitars I just think they look much better.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    If I was a NF user, I'd want the black available. For certain color guitars I just think they look much better.
    Would have looked fantastic on my old "Charcoal Burst" Studio... I miss that guitar sometimes even though I never really bonded with it...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

SHAWN, we're waiting for you to chime in!

Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    Ask Shawn if he can get you black rings. I like black rings with the NFs because they make the pickup look bigger, almost like a P-90.

On this one, it was more about NOT having white pickup rings. I took a chance and spec'd black, I am very happy with the result.
    That guitar looks awesome by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by helmi View Post
    SHAWN, we're waiting for you to chime in!
    Let's remember, posting a thread on the forum is not a substitute for contacting PRS customer service with a question. I can't chime in on every thread.

To answer our question. Paul likes the creme rings and that is why they are used on production models. The black rings are available to PS customers because "Private Stock" is all about customization. Perhaps the black rings will be available for sale sometime down the road, but there isn't an ETA for that possibility.

thank you shawn.