Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Player Appreciation Day - it's all about playing L1ve

  1. #1
    Junior Member -ST-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    11

    Player Appreciation Day - it's all about playing L1ve

    Just for fun.

    One night last year I walked into one of my shows with a new guitar.

    On the same night an older fellow - a regular, surprised me with this carving that he had done for me. He said, "This is because I appreciate the music ..."



    Has anything neat like this happened to you?

    For as long as I can keep doing it, it's all about playing L1ve.

  2. #2
    don't want to be a member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    178
    cool!

  3. #3
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    967
    Nope...

    That is really cool!
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  4. #4
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,086
    That is awesome.

    I was once asked at a mostly rock date if I was trained on double bass. I was a bit puzzled but answered yes. That got me an 'I thought so, you have the vibe (or something similar to that in French). I took it as a compliment.

  5. #5
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,160
    That's cool!!!

    Is it carved on all four sides?
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  6. #6
    Junior Member -ST-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    11
    Hi Mikegarveyblues,

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    That's cool!!!

    Is it carved on all four sides?
    It is carved on all four sides. It looks the same from all sides except that on two sides the eagle is facing left, and on the other two sides the eagle is facing right. If you look at it straight on (without a black background) you can see clear through to the other side.

    Here is another picture of it.




    Unfortunately, I didn't think to shoot this to illustrate that it looks the same from all sides. Only the top and bottom are solid.
    Last edited by -ST-; 03-29-2013 at 08:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by -ST- View Post
    Hi Mikegarveyblues,



    It is carved on all four sides. It looks the same from all sides except that on two sides the eagle is facing left, and on the other two sides the eagle is facing right. If you look at it straight on (without a black background) you can see clear through to the other side.

    Here is another picture of it.




    Unfortunately, I didn't think to shoot this to illustrate that it looks the same from all sides. Only the top and bottom are solid.
    Awesome!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  8. #8
    Senior Member Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    243
    Wow, that is some appreciation mark! Can't get any better motivation then that. Congratulation on your success.
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

  9. #9
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,833
    That's pretty cool.
    Plank Owner

  10. #10
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,182
    That's pretty awesome, never had anything that cool happen.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,162
    I was lucky enough to be approached by Byron Brown after a show and was made a member of "The Loyal Order of the Phuckheadz".

    Byron is an artist who makes these clay figures and then gives them to celebrities. They are all numbered, and each one is different.

    Here are a couple of other people who have received "Phuckheadz" that may be relevant for a guitar site.





    I tried to find my pic, but he has now given out over 800 of them.

    What? You guys didn't know I was a celebrity?

  12. #12
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,102
    How do you pronounce that, Sergio?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Rango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The FAR SIDE of the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    952
    Cool Carving!

    I'm happy when they come up after and say Hi and that they enjoyed it! I'm ecstatic if they come with a beer.

    Nothing like that...

  14. #14
    Junior Member -ST-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    11
    Hi sergiodeblanc,
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I was lucky enough to be approached by Byron Brown after a show and was made a member of "The Loyal Order of the Phuckheadz".

    Byron is an artist who makes these clay figures and then gives them to celebrities. They are all numbered, and each one is different.

    Here are a couple of other people who have received "Phuckheadz" that may be relevant for a guitar site....
    I tried to find my pic, but he has now given out over 800 of them.

    What? You guys didn't know I was a celebrity?
    Celebrity brings such strange rewards.

    These are great.

  15. #15
    Junior Member -ST-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    11
    Yep the carving is definitely the coolest thing I've received. But I bet I'm not alone in terms of gifts tossed up on the stage.

    There was the night that some gals decided to play ring-toss with their underwear. One of them actually managed to nail the headstock of my PRS. She had an advantage over the others though. Her weapon of choice.... a sports bra.
    Last edited by -ST-; 04-02-2013 at 01:58 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by -ST- View Post
    Hi sergiodeblanc,


    Celebrity brings such strange rewards.

    These are great.

    Thanks! But yours is way cooler!

  17. #17
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I was lucky enough to be approached by Byron Brown after a show and was made a member of "The Loyal Order of the Phuckheadz".

    Byron is an artist who makes these clay figures and then gives them to celebrities. They are all numbered, and each one is different.

    Here are a couple of other people who have received "Phuckheadz" that may be relevant for a guitar site.





    I tried to find my pic, but he has now given out over 800 of them.

    What? You guys didn't know I was a celebrity?
    Very cool Sergio! let us see you on the webpage.

    Slash is wearing a Hammerjacks t shirt. Hammerjacks was a staple in the Baltimore rock scene during the 80's and '90's and featured a lot of great bands back in the day.

  18. #18
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by -ST- View Post
    Hi Mikegarveyblues,



    It is carved on all four sides. It looks the same from all sides except that on two sides the eagle is facing left, and on the other two sides the eagle is facing right. If you look at it straight on (without a black background) you can see clear through to the other side.

    Here is another picture of it.




    Unfortunately, I didn't think to shoot this to illustrate that it looks the same from all sides. Only the top and bottom are solid.
    That's awesome! A handmade gift has a lot more meaning for me. Someone put a lot of time into making that for you.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Very cool Sergio! let us see you on the webpage.
    I was looking for it, but for some reason they decided to feature these other people instead!

  20. #20
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by -ST- View Post
    Her weapon of choice.... a sports bra.
    But was she...game???
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •