Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What stomp box's with your PRS?

All I use is a Strymon El Capistan delay and a Boss RV5 for light hall reverb ... although I may try a Strymon Flint reverb/vibrato soon.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

DGT Club Vice President
    In my opinion, the OD-3 is a full and rich sounding drive. It rounds out the neck pickup with a sonic bloom that's almost juicy...all that crap said, to me it gets me in thick humbucker country as well as SRV/Pearl Jam style Strat tones. It's a robust sounding pedal that can dial up more drive than a TS pedal, but doesn't get overly aggressive.

mgd

DGTs

OK...So I reworked my board...guitar---->Wah--->J. Everman Octave X--->Fulltone OctaFuzz---->Dirty Boy Afro Fuzz--->TCE Polytune--->Keeley Comp---->EP Booster--->JHS Klon Klone--->Hermida Zendrive---->Wampler Plextortion--->Sometimes I end it here and run the rest in the loop and sometimes I just put it all through the front---->MXR 10 band---->Effectrode Tube Vibe--->MXR Carbon Copy---->amp.

I spent a ton of time reworking this...although the wah isn't as crisp as when I have it further back it is smoother which is actually more important IMHO...in addition I spent an enormous amount of time trying to reduce unwanted noise, oscillations, and also how each pedal stacked. This is ultimately the result...not a lot new except for the octafuzz and the order.

I know there is always a lot of talk about the EP-Booster...great pedal...one of the most important things for me to do was to flick the internal bright dip switch to off...I believe I heard that DG does this as well...it makes a world of difference for me...then again I like bright amps so with the switch up I felt it was a bit too much.
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 04-02-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    My current board...but I'm always fiddling with it...

Ang this is a fantastic board...great tone colors!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    All I use is a Strymon El Capistan delay and a Boss RV5 for light hall reverb ... although I may try a Strymon Flint reverb/vibrato soon.
    El Capistan is great. The Flint will not let you down. It is extremely warm and rich to my ears.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    El Capistan is great. The Flint will not let you down. It is extremely warm and rich to my ears.
    I use the El Cap and the Flint... LOVE them both! They are very clean with my HX/DA and the Stripped 58. Awesome vintage sounds...
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    Bill, if I were only playing my music, then I'd live with the El Capistan, Flint and an EP Booster out front, only. The Strymon spacial effects are arguably the best ones on the market today.

I really like my Boss GT.... oh never mind.

I just recently got rid of all my individual pedals (all Electro Harmonix except Vox Wah) and purchased a Digitech RP1000. Still tinkering with it, but really happy with it so far.
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

I purchased my first one off of ebay last night... TC Polytune. I didn't get the mini, I got the one with the bigger screen for my old eyes LOL. Pretty stoked about it, it sounds like a hell of a tuner from what i've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I just recently got rid of all my individual pedals (all Electro Harmonix except Vox Wah) and purchased a Digitech RP1000. Still tinkering with it, but really happy with it so far.
    I've got the Digitech RP355 which I believe has the same FX chip. It offers a great selection of tones/FX. The main issue I have with the RP355 is the difficulty of accessing the presets with only three foot switches. To use it for live performance I think I would have to limit it to one lead tone/FX and bypass since it's a mess to try to switch and find other presets in real time. The ten switches on the RP1000 should help a lot with that, assuming you can assign presets to the switches and treat them as discreet stomp boxes. The USB interface works well for multi-track recording. I downloaded the X-Edit program, but haven't quite figured out how to create and store my own presets yet. How's the 1000 working out for you?
    Last edited by Victek; 04-05-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    So many guitars So little money

Quote Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
    I purchased my first one off of ebay last night... TC Polytune. I didn't get the mini, I got the one with the bigger screen for my old eyes LOL. Pretty stoked about it, it sounds like a hell of a tuner from what i've read.
    I like it mucho better than the expensive strobe tuner I have on my board.
    The poly one is nice since you can strum all strings at once.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Victek View Post
    I'm not familiar with the TC pedals, but I have a Digitech Bad Monkey tube overdrive pedal that works nicely with my SE. Silly name not withstanding it has solid construction and separate controls for high and low tone, gain and level. It's also surprisingly affordable. Checkout the reviews on Youtube.
    I just got one Very Happy with it

Not the latest version of my pedalboard, but pretty close:

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
    I use the El Cap and the Flint... LOVE them both! They are very clean with my HX/DA and the Stripped 58. Awesome vintage sounds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Bill, if I were only playing my music, then I'd live with the El Capistan, Flint and an EP Booster out front, only. The Strymon spacial effects are arguably the best ones on the market today.
    Allright, allright .... I ordered a Flint ...
    Last edited by wilerty; 04-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Here's another vote for the Xotic EP Booster. I love that thing, especially after my Boss Blues Driver with the gain dimed.

As far as brands go, I love MXR. I've got a Carbon Copy, Phase 90, Micro Flanger, Analog Chorus and Badass '78 Distortion on my board and love what each of them do for my sound...
    Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

Quote Originally Posted by Victek View Post
    I'm not familiar with the TC pedals, but I have a Digitech Bad Monkey tube overdrive pedal that works nicely with my SE. Silly name not withstanding it has solid construction and separate controls for high and low tone, gain and level. It's also surprisingly affordable. Checkout the reviews on Youtube.
    I also recently got one .I'm very happy with it .You really can thicken the sound with the tone controls !

Quote Originally Posted by prsrocker1988 View Post
    man, you got some of my favorites on this one. Bonamassa Wha, RC Booster, Phase 90, Flashback, Carbon Copy, EP Booster, OCD and Box of Rock. congratsz

Quote Originally Posted by prsrocker1988 View Post
    cool board...great pedals...I am so confused about your chain though...... would you mind walking us through it?
    -Bob