Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone spontaneously lose hearing in an ear?

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Tuesday -

Bob was supposed to go to the dentist yesterday. I of course want Bob to get better fast, but I also have a professional curiosity in what was found or not found. I'm guessing he is healthy (dentally) because his symptoms are so acute and most dental abscesses build a bit more gradually.
    Had nothing to do with my teeth I cracked one of my bondings. Thank you for the support!
    -Bob

Thank you again for all of your support everyone I do appreciate it! Time shall tell!
    -Bob

I suspect the source of your trouble was overly loud snoring at Mark's place.

Hope your are back to 100% soon!

Plus that "Steve character" just plays WAAAYYY too loud.
    One Life

Phugg'in Phenny!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Phenrock was pretty quiet this year....... However I still have "Sleeby + Yello Pernambuccio DGT + Dallas" ringing in my ear!!!

Long haul flight sometimes dull my ears but luckily not as bad as Bob's!!

How you doing man.... any improvement??

At least the MRI is over with....had that today....now I'm just waiting for results....we'll see...or not....I pretty much expect it to be insignificant and the doctors to go...

I'll keep you posted...thanks again guys.
    -Bob

Well...the good thing is the MRI showed I do indeed have a brain...and that there are no significant intracranial abdnomality seen...so that's good...the bad thing is it didn't tell them squat...at least based on the radiologist reading...I have a follow up in the morning...with the ENT.

At least I don't have a tumor! I'm dead serious... that's what they were trying to rule out via MRI. I hate the fact that sometimes doctors look for things that are not always the most logical...even if they do have a protocol... and scare the piss out of you at the same time...I mean you would think having had the flu back in january and lingering sinus and ear congestion/issues plus two plane rides where on the second one the ear didn't equalize plus playing music for practically 48 hours straight (which was friggin awesome btw) plus Chris's snoring might have been a more logical place to start...rather than jump to well let's make sure he doesn't have an acoustic neuroma or some other kind of brain tumor....they scared the $hi+ out of me.

As I said more shall be revealed or not...

Sorry for harping on this...but I did say I would post an update....And I'm grouchy from the steroids and being told I can't work out or play music for the time being...well at least plugged in....oh and that nagging little thing about still being practically deaf in one ear...at least now I have a legitimate excuse with the missus!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 04-03-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    -Bob

Wow, Bob...you've had enough medical stuff for a lifetime, and now this. I hope you get things straightened out soon.
    Too many and never enough...

Dude... sent you an email. Maybe it is a good idea to indulge one of the other senses while one is down!! Katz's deli for lunch tomorrow man!!

Thanks Clayton....ehh...you too....guess we're getting old...how the hell did that happen? I'm hopeful man...just letting off steam.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Dude... sent you an email. Maybe it is a good idea to indulge one of the other senses while one is down!! Katz's deli for lunch tomorrow man!!
    Tim...thank you so much!!! I got the email....nothing wrong with stuffing myself silly!!! Always love to do that! Really appreciated that...put a smile on my face.

you guys are the best.

Thank you.

I'll stop complaining now until further notice. Too much to be grateful for.
    -Bob

Mmmmmmm..... Pastrami/Briskett Combo!!!

Just a quick note....I don't want to harp on this...I will probably end up deleting the thread...or letting it fade off...just thought I would let you know that I had another test today...and although still really messed up...my hearing has recovered a distorted 20 to 30 decibels in my lows and Mids...up from down 70...so I have my fingers crossed that I'm trending in the right direction!...I don't want to get too excited because they are not sure if the recovery so far will be permanent...they obviously had wanted to see more than an impaired down 40 and 50 db.

Thank you all so much for your positive comments and supportive emails. I really appreciate it...I meant what I said....you guys are the best...I get retested in a week...so hopefully these drugs and time do their job!

and the pastrami/brisket!!!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 04-04-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    -Bob

Bob, Here's to your continued recovery.

[toast]
    One Life

Hang in there BroHammer!

Markie has an acute case of the DFD's. Bro-hammer...
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

I love you too Hands

Good news Bob!

So how was Katz's for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    ...and the pastrami/brisket!!!
    Brisket was meant to be BBQ'ed. not pickled. Am I gonna have to go all Texas on your collective a$$es?

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Diamonds are forever...and a girl's best friend.
    Last edited by Boogie; 04-04-2013 at 09:49 PM.