Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Car Reccomendations

Honda make one of the most reliable cars on the road.. Ive seen women run themwithout changing the oil...ever..

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Since I have a 1999 and a 2002 in my garage and other than routine maintenance have only replaced a rectifier, it is hard to argue against you.
    I rocked a 2000 Value Package Civic until 2010. I put roughly 105,000 miles on it. Zero issues. I did the regular maintenance and that was it. It was also kept outside the entire 10 years and rarely washed or cleaned where as my new car gets substantially more TLC. In hindsight I feel very poorly about it. My Civic now resides with my parents. It's their main car and is still issue free. I should ask how many miles are on it now.
    Plank Owner

Couple years back we were in a similar situation. But I took a left turn (pun intended) and bought the first car I ever really wanted back when I was learning to drive ... a Jeep Wrangler!!! We got the 4 door version. Not so great on gas milage - but an incredibly fun car. There's nothing like popping the top in the summer time. The whole car is basically one giant Lego set - with so many possible upgrades. Don't want doors...? Take em off. Want bigger tires for some mud - swap em out. Soo much fun! Plus kids (and chicks) dig it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by captdg View Post
    . Ive seen women run themwithout changing the oil...ever..
    lol, great statement there buddy, only a woman would fail to change the oil in their car, because men have dicks they automatically get their oil changed.

PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Jon van derlim View Post
    lol, great statement there buddy, only a woman would fail to change the oil in their car, because men have dicks they automatically get their oil changed.

Not necessarily..I should have said "A" woman, that I knew personally. In fact one of my friends that has the aforementioned appendage bought a new BMW and after 23k miles it just quit. when they towed it to the shop the pulled the oil pan and it was just sludge.. he is a lawyer.. Sorry for the broad generalization..I need to proofread.

Quote Originally Posted by captdg View Post
    Not necessarily..I should have said "A" woman, that I knew personally. In fact one of my friends that has the aforementioned appendage bought a new BMW and after 23k miles it just quit. when they towed it to the shop the pulled the oil pan and it was just sludge.. he is a lawyer.. Sorry for the broad generalization..I need to proofread.
    Well, duh - of course a lawyer didn't get his oil changed. He was too busy buying up all the PRSi the doctors missed!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I like KIA. Great value for every day driving.

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Love it! Went from a 2006 Corvette to the Hyundai. Liked it so much I bought a 2012 Elantra for my 19 year old daughter. Hyundai has come a long way.
    Last edited by Raven17; 04-05-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    2014Private Stock Custom 24,'14 Tremonti Artist,'13 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist,'10 Private Stock Custom 24,'12 Custom 22 Artist, '12 Tremonti one-off,2007/13 McCarty Korina,'13 408 10Top, '11 Custom24 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    . Liked it so much I bought a 2012 Elantra for my 10 year old daughter.
    You let her drive!?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    You let her drive!?
    19 year old.....damn iPhone small keys!....LOL
    2014Private Stock Custom 24,'14 Tremonti Artist,'13 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist,'10 Private Stock Custom 24,'12 Custom 22 Artist, '12 Tremonti one-off,2007/13 McCarty Korina,'13 408 10Top, '11 Custom24 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Love it! Went from a 2006 Corvette to the Hyundai. Liked it so much I bought a 2012 Elantra for my 19 year old daughter. Hyundai has come a long way.
    Agreed. I also have a 2011 Genesis and I helped a good friend's daughter purchase her first new car, a Hyundai Elantra. Lotsa' bang for the buck!

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    ...and let us not forget your Bentley, Dr. Mintzer.

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    ...and let us not forget your Bentley, Dr. Mintzer.

LOL!

My "Bentley"...

---Jamie---

My Gear

The Bentley is nice but if you have no ego about what you drive, I'd say it's hard to beat a Mazda 3. I'm on my second one over the last 10 years. I drive a lot (25K+/year) and the first one went for 180K with no issues and only the periodic oil change. My current one has 70+ already and gets 32-35 highway with no trouble plus it's pretty fun to drive, nice tight ride but very comfortable on a long ride. Best part is that I picked mine up new for less than $14K.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Welp, I went with another Honda Civic. I had two pretty important moments when I needed Honda to step up in a big way and on both occasions, they did just that. My brand loyalty to them is very strong now. Plus, my Civic was made in Indiana, so I'm supporting American manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Welp, I went with another Honda Civic. I had two pretty important moments when I needed Honda to step up in a big way and on both occasions, they did just that. My brand loyalty to them is very strong now. Plus, my Civic was made in Indiana, so I'm supporting American manufacturing.
    Happy New Car Day!

You know the rules! Pic's or it didn't happen!

Oh OK

Plus, my Civic was made in Indiana, so I'm supporting American manufacturing.
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Nice!!!.... congrats Shawn! Great color!
    -Bob

Oh OK

Congrats Shawn. Like the color. Nice cars.
    Plank Owner