Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is PRS doing the Wood Library program again for dealers?!

Quote Originally Posted by martysnarf View Post
    What happened to that "fine line between production and Private Stock"? I was told in more than one diatribe that "PRSh wanted that distinction VERY clear", which was why they stopped doing WL runs after the last run from Willcutt. Wonder why the change of heart?

Pretty big gap from "X" street price of Production guitars to the say (not using prices here) 3X price of a PS guitar. Seems like there is room to have something in that 1.5 to 2X price range. Doesn't diminish the PS guitars at all and gives folks that maynot choose to pay 3X a chance to have something "special".

Really no different than an Artist package with another name, right?

I am very, very confused. Not being an insider and all...

Who is Phenny? And why is he called that? Why are so many people using his picture?

Who is Markie? I thought Markie was the guy in the pictures of Phenny.

Why is Ace relieving himself outdoors against a wall? And who is Ace anyway?

And Who's on First?
    Last edited by LSchefman; 04-03-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    [QUOTE=LSchefman;63799]I am very, very confused. Not being an insider and all...

Who is Phenny? And why is he called that? Why are so many people using his picture?

Who is Markie? I thought Markie was the guy in the pictures of Phenny.]/QUOTE]

They're alter egos, same person.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Why is Ace relieving himself outdoors against a wall?
    He's in a Who cover band.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Why isn't Ace wearing his spaceman makeup and platinum platform boots is what I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Why isn't Ace wearing his spaceman makeup and platinum platform boots is what I want to know.

Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post

Why is Ace relieving himself outdoors against a wall? And who is Ace anyway?

He had not had a chance to relieve himself all night, because he needed 37 pictures with Orianthi (sp). He was all ballooned up by the time we got home
    Last edited by markie; 04-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post

This is why I PRS Forum. Outstanding.

Who is the real Phenny?????????????

Last edited by markie; 04-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post

MARKIE!!
    CLEEEAAARRRLY it's a 7TH CHORD!!! How do you not know that it's a 7TH CHORD!!!????
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

MARKIE!!
    CLEEEAAARRRLY it's a 7TH CHORD!!! How do you not know that it's a 7TH CHORD!!!????

Snarfy .................................................. .. Bastid!

I still don't get it.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Funniest Thread Hijack ever!!!

TGS WL

that is all

Anyone going to step up and build some DGTs with W/F necks? Or are the parameters of this locked down to just wood choices? That's the differences I've seen so far in these runs that have been posted thus far.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    Anyone going to step up and build some DGTs with W/F necks? Or are the parameters of this locked down to just wood choices? That's the differences I've seen so far in these runs that have been posted thus far.
    This would bring back around the age-old debate of, "When does a DGT cease to be a DGT?" This is an artist's Signature Model, spec-ed by the artist himself, with his own neck carve on which he and Paul worked very closely. When it gets away from DGh's specs... is it still a David Grissom Signature model... yada, yada, yada...
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

This would bring back around the age-old debate of, "When does a DGT cease to be a DGT?" This is an artist's Signature Model, spec-ed by the artist himself, with his own neck carve on which he and Paul worked very closely. When it gets away from DGh's specs... is it still a David Grissom Signature model... yada, yada, yada...
    True, but changing the neck profile on the DGT or Tremonti isn't going to affect the tone,etc as much as a maple, rosewood, or korina neck would. Plus this is how the stoptail DGTs came into existence. I guess it depends on how you look at it. You could just spec it as a McCarty trem with jumbo frets and DGT electronics. It would be like the DC22 still being a Santana....close but not exactly. With this program, I would think it would be a good way to experiment with things like that again. A Tremonti, W/F, stoptail would also be cool and not very different from his original signature model.
    Last edited by yankeebulldog; 04-04-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

DGT and Wide Fat sounds nice.
    Plank Owner

They did a special run of the 513 for Bizarre guitar a few years back with a wide fat maple neck. I love this guitar.
    DGT Secretary of Space

LOVE the wood library guitars!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ