Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this forum - Had a very bad night last night at my gig!

The good news is that the PRS Tech Center (PTC) does fantastic chip repairs.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Why are PRS buttons so much bigger than everyone elses? I've had the same thing happen with my PRS CE-22 Alder. Shouldn't this be acknowledged as a problem and corrected by PRS?

Personally, I LIKE the big PRS buttons.

Always have used Schallers. 20 plus years and NO failures. As for Dunlop's I and a few others have experienced failures on those and had to watch for tiny ball bearings just waiting to take us down. Not cool, Tater!

I like PRS buttons as well............ safest stock buttons out there. IMHO
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Shouldn't this be acknowledged as a problem and corrected by PRS?
    Not everyone thinks it's a problem. And, it's a cheap item to change if you don't like it.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Not everyone thinks it's a problem. And, it's a cheap item to change if you don't like it.
    ^^^^^^ this
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I don't like the Dunlops, had one fail and dump a Les Paul Custom on me. It's a miracle I didn't lose the headstock. The Schaller ones work nicely and seem to be better made.

Try Loxx, they are really good.
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Oh man. We've all been there and that's why I won't use a new guitar until it has stap lock buttons installed. We all watched a member here nearly drop a new PRS on stage AT PRS because of a strap failure. Sorry to hear of the damage, but luckily that's all there was.

Welcome to the boards.
    That was an interesting performance! Thought I was gonna have to buy myself a newly damaged guitar that day!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Why is it too much to expect guitar manufactuers to fix a problem so that it doesn't have to be dealt with by the customer after the purchase?

Schallers over here...
    Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

Why is it too much to expect guitar manufactuers to fix a problem so that it doesn't have to be dealt with by the customer after the purchase?
    Everyone has different preferences on what's best for locks. IMO, PRS went the best route and went with an oversized button. Seems least likely to cause an issue...nothing is failsafe. I've seen every straplock fail for someone. Schaller's are the safest to me and what I use. I may sure to check and retighten once in a while. Lock-tite would probably solve that issue. Dunlops scare me because if the lock mechanism fails, there's nothing to save you.

Welcome to the forum. It is always sad to hear about a guitar getting a ding... We feel your pain.

These responses were posted after you first asked that question.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    I like PRS buttons as well............ safest stock buttons out there. IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by toothace View Post
    Personally, I LIKE the big PRS buttons.
    A problem for you is a solution for someone else. Strap buttons have to be the easiest thing anyone could change on a guitar if they don't like them - certainly easier than even restringing a guitar and tuning it.

Change your buttons to something you like and move on. It is unlikely you are going to convince PRS that their existing buttons are defective or any sort of 'problem'.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 02-06-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Could the problem have been that you didn't get the strap on well and it just slid off from the oversized button? My solution to that is to take the button off the guitar and then put the strap on the button from the little end (back) and then put the button back on the guitar. This way you don't have to widen the strap (as some do it) and it is next to impossible to get the strap off even if you want to.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe