Thread: '05 McCarty to get full treatment

Threaded View

Talking '05 McCarty to get full treatment

Hi everyone! It's nice to be here. Been playin for about 25 years now.

I recently found out about the PTC as I was doing research on my new guitar (a stunning DGT 10 top in Natural Tobacco Burst. My 2nd PRS).

So I figured while I'm putting the new guitar through its paces, I would send my old '05 McCarty in for some upgrades

I emailed Shawn and decided on:

• Setup
    • New DGT Frets
    • Refinish in Black Gold Wraparound Burst

As you can see, this will be a new guitar once Shawn and his crew get done with it! Needless to say, I'm pumped!

I bought this McCarty used off Ebay around '07 or '08 I think. I don't know much about it unfortunately. I was curious if anyone knows any details of this particular model year?
    I definitely appreciate the rich sound and it's been my only electric guitar since I bought it (I've owned Fenders and Ibanez in the past).

I've liked the Tortoise color but always found it a bit bland. The new Black Gold will make the grain show nicely, I hope!

As you may be able to see, there looks to be some nice grain under that Tortoise Shell!

Mike

Here's a thread on the new DGT: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...for-my-new-PRS
    Last edited by Kine; 04-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.