Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may have to do it... back to sticks

Cool I may have to do it... back to sticks

Guy I know with a working band just lost their drummer to a back issue. He asked me if I wanted to come sit in on drums... He's seen me play out with my old band.

It would mean a lot more time on the kit and I lot less with a guitar but..... I do miss playing out.

Anybody else here go both ways!?

Get your mind out of the gutter. You know what I mean...from Drumming AND playing guitar!

Dave Grohl ain't skurr'd.
    One Life

Hardly drum any more because of tendinitis, but i can relate
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Do it.

I'm leaning that way...

I'm at least going to go sit in and see how it goes.
    Both shoulders are broken up from sports so as I get a bit older, i feel it more...
    May have to get a set of VDrums - easy to control volume for practice and "softer" on the body...

Dave Grohl is not a bad role model as a musician

Dave Grohl!

I say go for it. Never let an opportunity like that pass you by. It could turn into something much bigger than you imagined

I heard th3mike is a pretty awesome drummer

I play both keys and guitar, and go back and forth, no problem. It's fun.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

The world needs more good drummers. Do it! Join a second band if you want to play guitar as well.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I love both instruments for different reasons. Guitar is more complex for me - I enjoy it, but its a very mental enjoyment for me as I'm always thinking about options. Drums, on the other hand, its just muscle memory. I can just lay back and play a beat and its a laid back experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I heard th3mike is a pretty awesome drummer
    LIES! ALL LIES! haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Years ago I used to play drums every now and then. I never took the plunge and bought my own kit, but I got close to it more than once. I enjoyed drumming, but my heart is with guitars and always has been.

Lloyd/Goldtop
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Do it! I love playing my drumset, but rarely get to.

I air drum all the time. I might have been born to play drums though I've never tried them.
    Plank Owner

As much as I love guitars, drumming is the sh*t.
    Sh*tter's full

I'm not a drummer but I recently got myself one of those electronic kits, I feel like the cave man in me is released every time I beat that thing (I mean the drums of course).
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

My Acoustic kit is up and I'm starting to work back into "shape".

One of my few "gifts" is Drums come pretty natural to me.... It's coming back quick.

Guitar? Not so much, I have to work for every bit!

Thanks for the support

Just don't spend that GAS money on drums! Well, unless a really nice blue and olive badge Ludwig set comes along... or some Zicko's, or some....

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Just don't spend that GAS money on drums! Well, unless a really nice blue and olive badge Ludwig set comes along... or some Zicko's, or some....
    Drum GAS is WAY worse than guitar GAS, because you spend all your money on consumables. I was given a 1970s Japanese made Continental drumset for free (just the shells). Cool! But then it cost ~$200 to get all new heads on the thing (tops and bottoms), plus ~$200 more to get a used Zildjian A series ride and crash, and ~300 more on some A Custom Mastersound hi hats, and another ~$100 on a good DW kick pedal, another ~$100 on decent used cymbal stands. That "free" drumset was really expensive!! Here it is 9 years later and all the cymbals are broken and the heads haven't been changed since I was last in a band with the kit, 2004 or 2005?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I've still got all my good hardware and Cymbals Sold my DW Shells long ago. I still have a "beater" set of Tama's, they play fine. I still have tons of sticks and heads out in the garage. I'll have to expedite the E-kit purchase. I got off the kit because it was causing "stress" at home. Nobody wants to live with a Drummer.