Thread: 20th Anniversary CE22 - is there such an animal?

20th Anniversary CE22 - is there such an animal?

I just got a trade request from someone who said they had a 20th Anniversary 22 Fret in Mateo Blue. When I got the pictures, it looks like a CE22, bolt on with dots. When I went online, I saw most 20th Ann's were set neck with birds or birds in flight. He wanted to trade for my Custom 24 w/Artist package.

Any info would be great.

They made CE's in 2005 so I guess you could technically call it a 20th anniversary guitar, but it didn't have any special appointments. CE's are great guitars and my personal favorites, but unless you dropped your CU24 a few times I would not call that a fair trade.

Thanx for the update sergio. His guitar looks to be in pretty good condition and mine is in near mint. I just didn't want a misunderstanding that he paid too much for his and that I should come down on price for mine. He says that it has a 20 on the TRC, but I've also seen regular CU22/24 with the 20 on the TRC and not being called an Anniversary model even though it was made on the anniversary year.

He's ABSOLUTELY out of his mind. Thank him and ask him to have a nice day. NOT ANYWHERE near a fair trade. Unless that CE22 was a private stock, which I highly doubt.

You are looking about a HUGE price difference between the 2, USED.