Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Design on a Dimebag: second season.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    My friends, the second installment of "D.O.A.D." has been cancelled.
    What?! Really?
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    What's a wrap?
    It's those huge large format stickers that they use on cars and other large things.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    What?! Really?
    Yeah, I'm kinda bummed. The red binding and no inlays thing set me up with a great head start on an idea, maybe it will translate well onto a different guitar.

It's back on!!!

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    It's back on!!!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Going on an adventure today!

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Details, man... DETAILS.
    One Life

Take your adventuring hat.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Details, man... DETAILS.
    You know how I do it: first comes the build up... and then like five days of madness.

You know how I do it: first comes the build up... and then like five days of madness.
    Let the madness commence.
    Plank Owner

And?
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    And?
    ... And I'm gonna GUCCI this B!tch!!!

I have been in love with this guitar ever since I snagged this picture from Ebay... but it's blue.... and out of my price range.

I produce a bunch of Hip hop and other "Urban" styles of music, I also pretend to be an entertainer in those selected genres, and I will tell you that nothing's as gangsta as Gucci. Dudes have their Range Rovers wrapped in Gucci print! and that is where I got the idea for a car wrap print.

Cool....its a sticker.... you put a sticker on a guitar.. what a triumphant sequel for Design on a Dimebag.

It's not super easy to get a shop to print a trademarked print sticker for you, it's generally concerned as "tacky" in the very least, but I found a guy who knew a guy....
    But that lead me to thinking about how lame that was to just slap a sticker on there and say "Gucci".
    What if I steal.. no wait, this is Hip hop... Why don't I "sample" the PTC job on Chris' paisley guitar and just cover this with real Gucci print?

Gucci print fabric is ungodly expensive, and nearly impossible to find.... that's why! I mean I still have champagne to buy you know.

I must have lost five Ebay auctions for Gucci stuff with enough fabric to cover the guitar(about 17"x14"), and I had a very specific print that I had wanted. Combine that with the fact that Gucci has it's own version of the PTC, there aren't a lot of bargains to be found, until...

I scored a huge vintage Gucci garment bag off of craigslist! The outside is beat, but the inside flap along with the fabric under the big pockets are in great, almost new shape! I have enough fabric to screw up twice, and if I get on the first shot, more than enough to make a bangin' strap! For only $30!!!

There has to be a ticking clock involved, right?! Otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun.
    Five Days! (well until this Friday) I have to have everything done but let the paint dry.

The same rules, regulations, and general recklessness from the first D.O.A.D. are still in effect. There are no professionals on hand, the safety precautions are a package of band-aids, a bucket of water,an EU voltage hair-dryer, and a bottle of Effen vodka.

Wish me Luck!
    Last edited by sergiodeblanc; 04-28-2013 at 11:45 PM.

... And I'm gonna GUCCI this B!tch!!!

I have been in love with this guitar ever since I snagged this picture from Ebay... but it's blue.... and out of my price range.

I produce a bunch of Hip hop and other "Urban" styles of music, I also pretend to be an entertainer in those selected genres, and I will tell you that nothing's as gangsta as Gucci. Dudes have their Range Rovers wrapped in Gucci print! and that is where I got the idea for a car wrap print.

Cool....its a sticker.... you put a sticker on a guitar.. what a triumphant sequel for Design on a Dimebag.

It's not super easy to get a shop to print a trademarked print sticker for you, it's generally concerned as "tacky" in the very least, but I found a guy who knew a guy....
    But that lead me to thinking about how lame that was to just slap a sticker on there and say "Gucci".
    What if I steal.. no wait, this is Hip hop... Why don't I "sample" the PTC job on Chris' paisley guitar and just cover this with real Gucci print?

Gucci print fabric is ungodly expensive, and nearly impossible to find.... that's why! I mean I still have champagne to buy you know.

I must have lost five Ebay auctions for Gucci stuff with enough fabric to cover the guitar(about 17"x14"), and I had a very specific print that I had wanted. Combine that with the fact that Gucci has it's own version of the PTC, there aren't a lot of bargains to be found, until...

I scored a huge vintage Gucci garment bag off of craigslist! The outside is beat, but the inside flap along with the fabric under the big pockets are in great, almost new shape! I have enough fabric to screw up twice, and if I get on the first shot, more than enough to make a bangin' strap! For only $30!!!

There has to be a ticking clock involved, right?! Otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun.
    Five Days! (well until this Friday) I have to have everything done but let the paint dry.

The same rules, regulations, and general recklessness from the first D.O.A.D. are still in effect. There are no professionals on hand, the safety precautions are a package of band-aids, a bucket of water,an EU voltage hair-dryer, and a bottle of Effen vodka.

Wish me Luck!
    So gangsta' it hurts.
    Plank Owner

Rock it, Sergio!

Be careful, though. If you do too good of a job, I foresee a bunch on SE Ones on their way to Chi Town!

Nice sampling project!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Rock it, Sergio!

Be careful, though. If you do too good of a job, I foresee a bunch on SE Ones on their way to Chi Town!
    Not likely Eric, that's dangerously close to a real job.

Alright! Masked, lightly sanded, ready to go..

Spraying out the window... there always has to be a window, right?!

So I put the fabric on without doing a dry run, made a little mistake and........ EPIC FAILURE!!!

You see guys, there is a reason the PTC does such a killer job... they read the instructions on the back of the adhesive spray before jumping in.

It's all good though, I have two more tries... and I guess that Gucci toilet seat cover I was planning on may have to wait.

You have to love watching a mad scientist at work.

There are DIRECTIONS???!

Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    You have to love watching a mad scientist at work.
    More like nutty professor.