Thread: Looking for 53/10 single coil sound sample &Experience with the P22 Single coil mod?

Looking for 53/10 single coil sound sample &Experience with the P22 Single coil mod?

I'm really missing single coil sounds - Played my Tele most of the day today. I love the tone but it's not as comfortable to play as the PRS. I'd like to get the PRS giving me that tone.

I learned from an earlier post that the PTC can put in a single coil mod for me to get JUST the single coil rather than one blended with one of the "buckers. I don't even mind the cost of the PTC doing the mod. The shipping will hurt - tripling the cost so I'm really doing my homework before I do it.

Sound samples or feedback from people that have done the mod would be great!

I know how you are feeling, I really like the "strat" tones on my 5-way equipped PRS but really missed the whole "tele" vibe tonally.

Get a cheap adapter ring and a lipstick pup, it's a bunch of fun.

For the record, my SAS with uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    For the record, my SAS with uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).
    Well yeah, that's because it's red.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    My McRosie with 53/10's is my current #1... They are my favorite pickup at the moment.

Unless its super time sensitive, I will try to record you a sample of the pickups coil tapped and post it up here in the next day or two. I've got a crazy Monday but Tuesday should be more laid back for me so I will try to work you something up...

IMHO, they are special pickups that have mucho mojo!!!

uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).
    Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    My McRosie with 53/10's is my current #1... They are my favorite pickup at the moment.

Unless its super time sensitive, I will try to record you a sample of the pickups coil tapped and post it up here in the next day or two. I've got a crazy Monday but Tuesday should be more laid back for me so I will try to work you something up...

IMHO, they are special pickups that have mucho mojo!!!
    That would be great! I've got a crazy week at work so I'm not doing anything for at least that long...
    Just trying to get an idea before I drop the cash

Sergio - My Tele was my #1 before I got the P22... Rather not swap pup's if I can get the same effect with the Push / Pull pot.
    Last edited by Rango; 04-15-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post

Sergio - My Tele was my #1 before I got the P22... Rather not swap pup's if I can get the same effect with the Push / Pull pot.
    Well if you find a way to do it let me know! Hearing the 53/10 neck pup split from Chris' video has intrigued me... but where do I find one?

I can help you with this. You can split the pup using the standard tone pot rather than a switch if you're interested?

PRS sells the pot. The PTC does the mod for $125! If it wouldn't cost me $100 in shipping on top of that, I'd have already done it!
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=switch
    Last edited by Rango; 04-22-2013 at 02:15 AM.