Thread: Tremol-No install Ques?

Tremol-No install Ques?

Ok, I got a new SE CU 24 and also a new Tremol-no(large clamp). Opened up back cover to notice that the new tremol-no claw has a wider screw spacing than the stock claw. The stock is about 1 5/64" O/C and the Tremol-no is about 1 11/64" O/C. A diference of about 3/16". So the new screw holes will be just outside of the old ones(really close). Anyone else install one? What did you do?
    Thanx in advance
    2012 SE Custom 24

I have one on my USA Custom 22 but the holes lined up for me. (mine's a pin version which was the only one circa early 2007, I filed down the pin to make it work). They must use a different clamp for a SE. Have you contacted the Tremol-no company to ask about this?

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I did email Tremol-no but no answer as of yet.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Good luck with your install. Really cool product.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by lgk1208 View Post
    Ok, I got a new SE CU 24 and also a new Tremol-no(large clamp). Opened up back cover to notice that the new tremol-no claw has a wider screw spacing than the stock claw. The stock is about 1 5/64" O/C and the Tremol-no is about 1 11/64" O/C. A diference of about 3/16". So the new screw holes will be just outside of the old ones(really close). Anyone else install one? What did you do? Thanx in advance
    I hadn't heard of this product before. I'm curious as to why you want to use it. Do you have a tuning stability issue or is there some other benefit?
    So many guitars So little money

I installed one on my Tremonti SE Custom.
    Had to dowel and redrill for the new trem claw.
    Not a big deal but it made an "easy install"a little more time consuming.
    Good product though ... works like a charm!

Victek,
    The Tremonti SE Custom has a floating trem.
    The Tremol-no enables me to "block" it so it only functions in "dive only" position.
    Helps with tuning stability, allows for drop tunings, and is a life saver should you ever break a string.

Yeah, I guess you'd have to dowel and re-drill.

The cool thing about the Tremol-No is you can do a full block, down only, or you can disengage it so the trem floats fully. Best of all worlds. I had one on my CU24 and it didn't seem to affect the feel at all. I left the back cover off so I could change "modes" on the fly.
    --Garrett--

Recently fitted one to my tremonti , awesome bit of kit.

OK so I got email back from Tremol-no and they said to either fill old holes with wood glue or dowels and wood glue, then drill new ones. Im ok with that just wanted to make sure I didn't buy wrong one or something.
    2012 SE Custom 24

I bought one months ago for my PS Bahama Mama, but so far I've been too afraid to even try installing in fear that I will slip during installation and gouge the back of my guitar. I need to just get over it and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSHB2 View Post
    I bought one months ago for my PS Bahama Mama, but so far I've been too afraid to even try installing in fear that I will slip during installation and gouge the back of my guitar. I need to just get over it and do it.
    Just take all the safety precausions u can. use towels and tape em down if u have too. I pulled the trem springs off and back on and it was alot easier than the Tremol-no video made it look. except I used regular plyers instead of needle nose plyers. it gave me more holding power to the springs. But seriously there wasn't as much tension on the springs as I thought there would be. It was easy.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Quote Originally Posted by Victek View Post
    I hadn't heard of this product before. I'm curious as to why you want to use it. Do you have a tuning stability issue or is there some other benefit?
    In my case, I was new to PRS and the stoptail was outside of what I felt was comfortable at the time (though once used to it, it's great), so I bought a trem model and wanted to block it to make it a hardtail. Rather than go with a home remedy on such a nice guitar, I wanted something nicer, and the Tremol-no fit the bill. I only unlock it during setups and such.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by lgk1208 View Post
    Just take all the safety precausions u can. use towels and tape em down if u have too. I pulled the trem springs off and back on and it was alot easier than the Tremol-no video made it look. except I used regular plyers instead of needle nose plyers. it gave me more holding power to the springs. But seriously there wasn't as much tension on the springs as I thought there would be. It was easy.
    This is great to hear. I need to just take the chance and plan for the worst. Part of my dilemma is that I have a tremor in both hands which really acts up when attempting to use fine motor skills. If I could install it with a hammer I'd be good to go.
    Last edited by PRSHB2; 04-19-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Has anyone tried as an alternative the super v mag-lok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08aBq_Din8
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic