Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Done

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Well since you can't read this I'll admit to being the guy thats been stealing your newspaper all last year.
    Nope - I find you quite entertaining!

Gimme back my Paper! And GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Somebody started a gun thread, and guys were posting pics ...there wasn't even much discussion, and it got locked down. Look it up and you tell me if locking that thread down was merited? Then also someone started a thread saying it would be nice to see some US guitar companies bring in models that were comparable in price to the Korean/SE models, and that got locked down, too. Neither thread had any kind of arguments or hostile discussion or anything. I didn't see the need for locking them down. I'm fairly new and to see two threads that caught my eye get locked down so fast to me seems like the mods are a lot more controlling than other forums I'm a member of. One of my other forums I frequent is a USA knife manufacturing forum where the owners and their spouse(s) and employees are active members and they definitely are there to protect their image and reputation, so no - there's no difference there.
    I saw both threads and understand why both were locked. The gun thread just didn't fit this forum - at least not in the present climate. I have plenty to say about guns (I won't say on which side), but I agree that this just isn't the place. There are plenty of other places for that discussion. And I have to agree with the mods, I have never seen a discussion on guns stay apolitical.

The "Why Korea?" thread was a rant concerning class warfare and the morals of 'outsourcing' from the start, beginning with the original post - both political subjects. I warned against those leanings early in that thread.

No one should be surprised that the mods nipped both of those threads as inappropriate to this forum.

While I enjoy intelligent, non-emotional discussions on many things, I'm still glad that this forum is off limits for all things political and religious. That makes this forum a safe haven for me when I just want to have relaxing discussions with like-minded friends without having to worry if I am pissing someone off just for having an opinion.

I'm glad the extent of animosity here is that Sergio wants to paint Mike's guitars white and Mike wants to paint Sergio's guitars blue. And I also apologize to Rango in the event I'm the one he's ignoring....
    Last edited by rugerpc; 04-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

°sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    And I also apologize to Rango in the event I'm the one he's ignoring....
    He wouldn't see it if you are.
    One Life

Did Hans say something?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    People should also treat others as they would like to be treated. Respect for others is the name of the game.
    Ah - screw you and your 'respect'!!!!

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I've said before that the mods here all do a great job, and the atmosphere here is outstanding. Better to have 100 threads cut off too early than to have one cut off too late.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    He wouldn't see it if you are.
    Somebody say something!?

edit: now I see Rugerpc beat me too it!
    Last edited by Rango; 04-22-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I've said before that the mods here all do a great job, and the atmosphere here is outstanding. Better to have 100 threads cut off too early than to have one cut off too late.
    nothing to do with the post, but i owe you an apology from an earlier thread.
    ignore dicks like me and keep on keepin' on.

i screwed up ... this is for rango, for whatever it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    People come here because they want to talk about guitars and gear and music and bands and occasionally what their favorite movies are or what they did over the weekend. There are other places to discuss politically charged topics such as guns, abortion, voting rights, foreign policy and the like. But this isnít the place. People want to come here and have some fun and interesting discussion, they arenít looking to defend their beliefs or listen to others try to defend theirs. Some other forums are open to this type of discussion (most are not) but I find the ďanything goesĒ type of forums donít have a lot of members. Maybe itís because of the lack of decorum or maybe not? Either way, we started this place to have fun and weíre trying to keep it on track, so post some pics of your favorite PRS or post a link to the gig your band just played. Have fun, relax, enjoy.
    In the case of the guy that brought up guns and the other members that were sharing pics, I think the intention was just to say, "Hey look we all love PRS guitars, are any of us into guns, too? Do we have other hobbies in common?" I didn't think it was unreasonable. I bet if he said, "Hey anyone like to go camping?" that wouldn't have gotten his thread locked. I just feel the mods here are a little overzealous with controlling the conversations (and they feel that way too apparently based on the reply above). I, personally, like a forum to have a little more freedom to express and not so much control by the mods, but that's just my preference. This is also sooooo far down on my list of stuff to worry about, that I won't make any more comments on the topic (in this thread anyway ...can't speak for future posts lol).

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    I've been moderating guitar forums for 13 years. This place is a paradise compared to some...

The Gun thread: Shawn felt it would get political. He's probably right. We used to allow gun discussions (the tool, not the politics) on the other forums I moderated. EVERY freakin' one of them turned political, despite warnings. Some folks were banned due their continued breaking of the "no politics" rule. Personally, I have no problem with those threads, as long as they stay apolitical. But, that -never- happens. I didn't mind the extra moderating work, but this is not my forum and those decisions are above my pay grade. I'll abide by Shawn's decisions...

The Non-PRS guitar thread: This is a PRS discussion board. Discussing the merits of competitors is frowned upon, and just plain rude...

As to any other locked thread, I can't think of any off the top of my head, that didn't turn ugly...

Jamie
    Starting a gun/religious/etc thread and saying it can stay as long as it doesn't get political is like telling people they can only shop at Walmart if they promise to stay classy.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    Starting a gun/religious/etc thread and saying it can stay as long as it doesn't get political is like telling people they can only shop at Walmart if they promise to stay classy.
    Hey, I shop at WalMart (I buy ammo there) and I'm one classy mutha' fuc... Er... Never mind...
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Hey, I shop at WalMart (I buy ammo there) and I'm one classy mutha' fuc... Er... Never mind...
    And his movies, too!

But at least you don't always go alone...

I know, I know...STOP LOOKING AT YOU!
    Alan

In the case of the guy that brought up guns and the other members that were sharing pics, I think the intention was just to say, "Hey look we all love PRS guitars, are any of us into guns, too? Do we have other hobbies in common?" I didn't think it was unreasonable. I bet if he said, "Hey anyone like to go camping?" that wouldn't have gotten his thread locked. I just feel the mods here are a little overzealous with controlling the conversations (and they feel that way too apparently based on the reply above). I, personally, like a forum to have a little more freedom to express and not so much control by the mods, but that's just my preference. This is also sooooo far down on my list of stuff to worry about, that I won't make any more comments on the topic (in this thread anyway ...can't speak for future posts lol).
    I work for Paul Reed Smith Guitars and you don't, so we see things differently. Discussions about camping rarely gets political, discussions about guns rarely avoid politics, so your analogy doesn’t hold water. Shot full of holes perhaps? Either way, move on dude, there are plenty of things to talk about that don’t straddle the line of politics.

Plank Owner

I bet if he said, "Hey anyone like to go camping?" that wouldn't have gotten his thread locked.
    And there is your answer - guitars, camping, cars, music, hot sauce, guns, concerts.... one of these things is not like the others!
    Thbbbbbt...

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Starting a gun/religious/etc thread and saying it can stay as long as it doesn't get political is like telling people they can only shop at ASDA if they promise to stay classy.
    Fixed for other Brits...
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Can I just tell you how bad I want one of those tents for my truck?

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Did somebody say camping?

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    Can I just tell you how bad I want one of those tents for my truck?
    Just do it!
    http://autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolinaAirlander.php

Getting ready to clean the scum from winter off mine soon, and put some boat wax on it.
    Then pop it open, wash the sheets, fluff the down comforter, and get it ready for summer.
    I only lost around 1 MPG with it up there full time.