Thread: Pickup suggestions for "Dimebag season 2"

Pickup suggestions for "Dimebag season 2"

I wussed out, but I'm going ahead with my "Evil Twin" project.

While it is mostly a "vanity" project, I'm not the kind of guy to keep a guitar for looks alone, so I'd like to hear some suggestions about what to replace the EMG's with.
    I am really pleased with the covered DII neck pickup I have in my Ori SE, and I really like higher output pickups even though I'm pretty muck a clean only kind of player but....
    The McTreble I put in the bridge of my Blanc CE (Thanks Mike!) has got me looking for something with less output now.

What else should I be looking at? I'd really like to go with covers for aesthetic purposes.

If you're open to something other than PRS pickups, would you consider some red bobbin DiMarzios?

Purely for looks. I've heard great things about the 36th anny humbuckers, which are a bit lower output.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'd do the Jimmy Page thang and put an uncovered 59/09 in the bridge (Squabbins) and a covered one in the neck.

53/10 would be even better if you can find a set.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I'd do the Jimmy Page thang and put an uncovered 59/09 in the bridge (Squabbins) and a covered one in the neck.
    Around these here parts we call that doing a Mark Tremonti, son LOL
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Oh. Ummmm.... right! Sorry Dad.

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    If you're open to something other than PRS pickups, would you consider some red bobbin DiMarzios?

Purely for looks. I've heard great things about the 36th anny humbuckers, which are a bit lower output.
    Ooh, that looks dope! do they come in Hunter/BRC green?

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

53/10 would be even better if you can find a set.
    See, here I thought you would've pushed Starla's on me.

Not hunter green, but they do come in this hot lime green color.

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana