Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: How Many Infractions?

  1. #21
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yeah here's the reason I got the infraction. And the only inappropriate language I can think is I abbreviated the F word:

    Reason:
    -------
    Inappropriate Language
    There are only 3 choices for warnings/infractions. Those are the standards that come with the software. But if y'all keep it up, I'm sure James will customize the warnings/infractions, so you'll know exactly what you did.

    Plus, there is always a note that goes along with them, that explains the reason....

    Discussing Politics is inappropriate language, right?


    Jamie
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  2. #22
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Lmao ...right?? I was saying it would be "blanking" AWESOME if PRS opened another shop like up in Millinocket, Maine where a Canadian-based company has bought (and then closed because it was their competition) the paper mill which was the life blood of that town. That was the only spot in the post where I pseudo cursed, so I'm guessing that was the infraction?

    I was saying it'd be cool if they made a model(s) somewhere between the SE and the ones they make in Maryland $$ wise.
    Read your PM... The reason is out there...
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  3. #23
    I once gave Jamie an infraction. It was fun. Of course, I was only testing the new software but still

    Jamie once banned me from from BaM (for 2 weeks) but I still love the big lug. I deserved it.
    One Life

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I once gave Jamie an infraction. It was fun. Of course, I was only testing the new software but still

    Jamie once banned me from from BaM (for 2 weeks) but I still love the big lug. I deserved it.
    Man, I can't believe that I haven't been banned on multiple occasions (lol).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by WishICouldPlay View Post
    Man, I can't believe that I haven't been banned on multiple occasions (lol).
    Don't be. Over 2,600 members are on this board and we've only banned 3 non-spammers since the day we opened.

    You have to TRY to get perma-nuked around here.
    One Life

  6. #26
    Carvin Striations cwhenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

    You have to TRY to get perma-nuked around here.
    I'm sure some may take that as a challenge...
    Too many and never enough...

  7. #27
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke View Post
    I'm sure some may take that as a challenge...




    Do it Clayton
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke View Post
    I'm sure some may take that as a challenge...
    I believe the challenge was the goal.

    The internet is a weird place. People can make unsubstantiated assertions and it can become reality in the minds of sheep. There are some ways, if one is bright enough, to wag that dog.

    Let's say (as a completely random example) someone were to post a topic called "This place is too strict" and then, inside that very post, antagonize people until he gets banned. What has been accomplished? For the sheep, the OP just proved his point and the perception takes hold. For the wolves, however, the value of a self-moderating forum becomes more apparent.

    Either way the antagonist goes away. My job is to make sure the wolves outnumber the sheep.
    One Life

  9. #29
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,359
    Yes............................... Stop antagonizing me Clayton!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  10. #30
    Carvin Striations cwhenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    362
    I have 100% faith in you Markie. I'm going to bed in a couple of hours, and I expect to wake up tomorrow knowing someone is upset with me.
    Too many and never enough...

  11. #31
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I believe the challenge was the goal.

    The internet is a weird place. People can make unsubstantiated assertions and it can become reality in the minds of sheep. There are some ways, if one is bright enough, to wag that dog.

    Let's say (as a completely random example) someone were to post a topic called "This place is too strict" and then, inside that very post, antagonize people until he gets banned. What has been accomplished? For the sheep, the OP just proved his point and the perception takes hold. For the wolves, however, the value of a self-moderating forum becomes more apparent.

    Either way the antagonist goes away. My job is to make sure the wolves outnumber the sheep.
    +1 and you guys are doing a great job at it. Everything is very transparent here, especially for an officially run message board and that means a lot.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  12. #32
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,705
    If you really need to get something off you chest you could just try saying.....@&$#%*%!

    ....I feel better now.
    -Bob

  13. #33
    Senior Member Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    221
    @&$#%*% . . . . . @&$#%*%, @&$#%*%, @&$#%*%, @&$#%*%, @&$#%*%

    @&$#%*% the @&$#%*%ing @&$#%*%ers.

    . . . . I feel better too.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,705
    Now hold on a minute...that last "@&$#%*% the @&$#%*%ing @&$#%*%ers" was waaaaay over the top!

    but I know how you feel!
    -Bob

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Let me just say this.........

    Ah forget it. The last 2 week ban lasted forever.

  16. #36
    Senior Member frankb56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    Hey, I just wanted to know?
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/



  17. #37
    Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by frankb56 View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to know?
    Did you?
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    +1 and you guys are doing a great job at it. Everything is very transparent here, especially for an officially run message board and that means a lot.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

  19. #39
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,359


























    Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  20. #40
    Bless the Blues 38Roars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Let me just say this.........

    Ah forget it. The last 2 week ban lasted forever.

    Hmmmmmm......Don't think it went unnoticed Doc! Hmmmmmm....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •