Thread: 10-46 on PRS SE Korina Singlecut

10-46 on PRS SE Korina Singlecut

Hi,

I am about to get a PRS SE Korina Singlecut, I know SEs come setup with 9s, will the nut slots be OK for 10-46. I know I might need to adjust the neck but I don't want to send it in to the guitar tech just yet for a new nut. Eventually I'll get that done, new tuners maybe pickups. I am just used to 10s on my other guitars.

Thanks

Steve

I have just put some 10/46 gauges on my se245 the only problem was the low e it didn't want to sit perfectly at first but with a little bit of wiggling it went in and sits right and with no tuning problems.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I guess a bit of nut sauce or similar will help sit that bottom E. How do you find the tuners, I have read various people saying they are not that good and to replace with Schaller mini locking tuners that are meant to be a drop in replacement.

Steve

While I don't currently have an SE, my old SE SC Soapbar was just fine with 10's, no adjustment needed and the tuners were not an issue...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

My SE Tremonti took 10's with just a dash of Big Bens Nut Sauce. No neck adjustment needed and the tuners are pretty good.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Thanks for taking the time to reply, its appreciated. I'm looking forward to my new guitar, my first SE & my 2nd PRS & my 3rd PRS ever!

Steve

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    If the slots are a bit tight then they can be widened with some folded fine grade sandpaper, even a wound string. Just use some Nut Sauce or graphite after that and I think you'll be ok.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Yep the tuners are good. I have no intention of changing them for locking tuners.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar