Thread: The DC 3

The DC 3

Ok, I looked through the first 15 or so pages and didn't see a thread on the PRS DC3. I tried the search as well and nothing came up (I know forum searches can sometimes not be very strong).

Anyhow, I'm getting serious PRS GAS and hope someone could chime in with their impression of the DC3. I saw a video of Davey Knowles playing one on Youtube last night and it sounded pretty cool (I know Youtube can be deceiving sound wise). I read a good review online, as well, which compared it favorably to a Strat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? They seem to be a bit under-appreciated maybe?
    Last edited by Kine; 04-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.

I remember the comparison Davey Knowles did with the DC-3 and a 57 strat (I think) and to my severely undertrained ears I really couldn't tell the difference...except that the bridge pickup on the DC-3 sounded usable.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Never touched one but this is a good, in depth review:

http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/11/...h-dc3-nf3.html

p.s. Try searching for DC3* instead of DC3, or use google to search this forum

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    I've tried one. Last summer I got to ask Paul about the upcoming Brent Mason model and what he was coming up with for us Tele players. He told me the specs on the Brent Mason weren't finalized yet, but he showed me a pic on his cell phone of Brent playing one, and recommended that I try a DC3. So I did. My impression is that it's more Tele than Strat (that's a good thing in my book!) I liked it a lot, but I didn't have the cash at the time. Now the Brent Mason model is out, and if the single-coil sounds on it are as good as on the DC3, that's going to be my next guitar, probably later this year. I did like that DC3, though. And the 305's real nice too--a little closer to a Strat than to a Tele. Looks like we've got a lot of options from PRS now.

Very cool guys! Thanks for the info. From what I see it seems like a really nice axe. I'm thinking that I'll have to get my hands on one and play it. I definitely won't be buying it before I try it though... I had my hands on the NF3 and didn't like it.

PRS is definitely covering their bases these days... and some! It's a good time to be a PRS fan!

I agree Kline...PRS is doing some cool stuff. I am wanting a DC3 myself...black with a white pg....tuxedo.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Great guitar and very underrated. Played a used one on a whim and was glad that I did. I can't say either way if it's more strat or tele -esque. They really are their own thing, and that's whats more important. Either it does a singlecoil sound you like, or not. Personally, it really does it for me. I would encourage you to play one and see for yourself.

Got one on the way to check out...

Seems there aren't many around... Wondering if they'll be discontinued?

That's whats up!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    Got one on the way to check out...

Seems there aren't many around... Wondering if they'll be discontinued?
    - Dane