Thread: PRS history on the 1995 models needed

PRS history on the 1995 models needed

I do not confess to be an expert on PRS history, so I am asking the folks on the forum for some enlightenment. I have a 95 24 custom and a 20th anniversary 22 custom in my stable. I noticed today they are the only Prs guitars that do not have the double fret side dots at the twelfth fret. Was this something done on all the 95 models due to the 20 year milestone?
    I like surprises!!!

The single side marker at the 12th fret was the way all PRS guitars were made until the beginning of 2005 when some models (like the 513) started getting 2 dots. I believe it took a few years before all guitars got the double-dot.

I'm glad they did.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 10-28-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    One Life

Oh great, now we have "pre-double dot" to go along with "pre-lawsuit" and "pre-factory"

I believe the material for the dots also changed.

Plop me in the opposing camp that prefers the single side dots. They helped to convey my confidence, mastery, and over all prowess across the fretboard by demonstrating that I had practiced hard enough, and was openminded enough to accept new ideas that could occur under the octaves of those open strings. Single side dots demanded me to become a better person and didn't talk down to me like those double side dots did... Like I was too confused to know where the twelfth fret was compared to every other guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I believe the material for the dots also changed.

Plop me in the opposing camp that prefers the single side dots. They helped to convey my confidence, mastery, and over all prowess across the fretboard by demonstrating that I had practiced hard enough, and was openminded enough to accept new ideas that could occur under the octaves of those open strings. Single side dots demanded me to become a better person and didn't talk down to me like those double side dots did... Like I was too confused to know where the twelfth fret was compared to every other guitar?
    No longer you Jedi in training. Now Jedi knight you are.
    I like surprises!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Oh great, now we have "pre-double dot" to go along with "pre-lawsuit" and "pre-factory"
    And it used to be quite the issue for some people. "I paid $XXXX for this guitar and it doesn't even have two dots at the twelfth fret!?"

I don't know what they use now, but the side dots used to be nickel silver.
    --Garrett--

I had forgotten that when I bought my 2005 Custom 22, it only had one dot on the 12th fret, and I found that confusing at first. I don't notice it any more, in fact I don't have any idea if my 2007 Mira has single or double dots.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

Now I'm going to go and check my older PRS. I've never paid any attention to the dots.