Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 169

Thread: Show your pedalboard!

  1. #81
    Junior Member aka_jt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3
    Here's a pic of my pedalboard-version 54 maybe? Board controls a rack fwith a Mesa Triaxis, Mesa 20/20 amp, TC Electronics G Major. BTW, the Rocktron All Access was once owned by Dave Mustain. Loong story...

  2. #82
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    I just updated my main board. EP Booster and SP Compresso are always on. SL Drive, Bonamassa's wha, Bogner Red Ecstasy, Slash's Fuzz, Strymon's Mobius & TimeLine and another Ep Booster. The last one, I only use when I need to push a little more. On the pic, Lolla, The Frostbitch with the \m/ neck.

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

    on the bottom my grab & go board

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

  3. #83
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,002
    Dig both of those rigs. Well done dude.
    Plank Owner

  4. #84
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,976
    I have nothing to contribute because I was using the Fractal all of my patch changes were controlled via midi by laptop the drummer used for click and backing. It was nice not to have to step on anything! This will change very shortly though....
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  5. #85
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,002
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I have nothing to contribute because I was using the Fractal all of my patch changes were controlled via midi by laptop the drummer used for click and backing. It was nice not to have to step on anything! This will change very shortly though....
    You aren't helping my Fractal GAS.
    Plank Owner

  6. #86
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    You aren't helping my Fractal GAS.
    Well you already know what its going to be paired with! Knock out punch!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  7. #87
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Dig both of those rigs. Well done dude.
    thanx. the weak part on my rigs is me...lol

  8. #88
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I have nothing to contribute because I was using the Fractal all of my patch changes were controlled via midi by laptop the drummer used for click and backing. It was nice not to have to step on anything! This will change very shortly though....
    still have the Fractal kick in me. I bought one unit, had to sell and ever since is on my wish list...

  9. #89
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,002
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Well you already know what its going to be paired with! Knock out punch!
    I do! Kungfu!
    Plank Owner

  10. #90
    Senior Member Aeetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    289
    Awesome pedal boards guys! My current main line up is this all powered by a PPII+ underneath

  11. #91
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeetus View Post
    Awesome pedal boards guys! My current main line up is this all powered by a PPII+ underneath
    clean, neat with excellent ingredients. congratz

  12. #92
    Senior Member Aeetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    clean, neat with excellent ingredients. congratz
    Cheers!

  13. #93
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    882


    Thanks to Velcro and no attention span, this line-up changes often.
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  14. #94
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,552
    Here is mine...could be a new wah pedal (wah pedals confuse me lol)and a tc electronics polytune 2 on it tomorrow though

    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24, 2015 Esp Ltd Ironcorss, 2015 Ibanez RG 2550E
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Orange TH30 . Saxon 2x12 cabinet

  15. #95
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,002
    Some really nice additions today!
    Plank Owner

  16. #96
    Member boxstop7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Colesville, MD
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBRADSHAW View Post
    Glad to see somebody else who enjoys Hardwire pedals...I use the DL-8 and the RV-7 in my pedal board and they are really great sounding..The Decimator is in my pedalboard too
    I really do dig those Hardwire pedals. I can't rave enough about the Valve Distortion pedal - it's just awesome. I did end up replacing the Metal Distortion with a Micro Metal Muff, and I'm a LOT happier with it. Also, I find myself constantly tweaking the DL-8 to get the sound I'm looking for. Tricky little thing, that...

    The one pedal left that's been kinda disappointing is the Decimator. I went with the G-String (which is, by far, the most expensive pedal on my board) because it has the dual guitar/loop throughputs. People raved that it killed the hiss without sapping tone or sustain, and that you could just leave it on and forget about it. But I've not found that to be the case. Sure, it kills the hiss like a champ. But I've noticed that, especially when playing clean or at lower volumes, when the pedal is turned on it absolutely destroys any sustain. Chords or notes that would ring forever get abruptly cut off; it's quite disappointing. I've found myself barely using it any more, which is even more of a disappointment given how expensive it was. Major bummer.
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

  17. #97
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by boxstop7 View Post

    The one pedal left that's been kinda disappointing is the Decimator. I went with the G-String (which is, by far, the most expensive pedal on my board) because it has the dual guitar/loop throughputs. People raved that it killed the hiss without sapping tone or sustain, and that you could just leave it on and forget about it. But I've not found that to be the case. Sure, it kills the hiss like a champ. But I've noticed that, especially when playing clean or at lower volumes, when the pedal is turned on it absolutely destroys any sustain. Chords or notes that would ring forever get abruptly cut off; it's quite disappointing. I've found myself barely using it any more, which is even more of a disappointment given how expensive it was. Major bummer.
    Interesting. I thought I was the only one. For me, it seems like if I roll my volume down much below 1/2 way on the guitar, it does that abrupt cutting thing. This is mostly on my high gain channel, I roll it down quite a bit for a still crunchy but less distorted tone. Pisses me off actually. I might tear my rig apart soon and try to clean some stuff up, maybe I'll experiment with something else in place of the decimator.

    Do you have the original or the decimator II?
    Last edited by vchizzle; 10-26-2013 at 10:12 AM.

  18. #98
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Interesting. I thought I was the only one. For me, it seems like if I roll my volume down much below 1/2 way on the guitar, it does that abrupt cutting thing. This is mostly on my high gain channel, I roll it down quite a bit for a still crunchy but less distorted tone. Pisses me off actually. I might tear my rig apart soon and try to clean some stuff up, maybe I'll experiment with something else in place of the decimator.

    Do you have the original or the decimator II?
    I've gotten around that problem with my MXR Noise Clamp by running my volume pedal after the first trip through the gate. So it goes guitar --> MXR --> Volume pedal --> amp --> FX loop out to MXR and so on. That way you can leave the volume up on your guitar to overcome the gate, but still reduce the input signal with the VP to get those crunchy tones. So if you have a volume pedal in your rig, that might be worth a shot.

    The MXR has actually been a really nice gate, especially at a fraction of the cost of the ISP. I haven't tried the ISP, but from what I've heard, metal heads love it because it tracks REALLY closely, so they can kill the hiss on those staccato chugga riffs. The MXR is a little looser I think. Still kills the signal if you run the guitar volume at 0-2 or so, even at the low settings. But might be worth a try if you run across one at a shop or something.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - Mira X - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

  19. #99
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    2,167
    I am so ridiculously overdue for a new one. I got a Mobius about a month and a half ago to replace the M5 that was on my pedalboard in the original post. I also got an interface made, like a junction box where all the cables plug in (except power). I have exceeded the limits of my board by at least an inch on each side.

    Our drummer still wants to make me one, which is fine. I was thinking about picking up a Pelican 1600 case and building a board to fit it. That would give me several extra inches on each side and everything will be peachy, hopefully.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

  20. #100
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,002
    Anyone else order the Strymon Big Sky? I have one coming in from my Strymon pusher of choice. STL!
    Plank Owner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •