Thread: Looking for #10's or #7's

Looking for #10's or #7's

I have decided on these pickups. Anybody know where I can get a set of #10's or #7's? I would like a nickel cover if possible.

Also, can you change the pickup cover plates? I don't have much experience with pickups, but is it possible to go from a gold to a nickel?

cheers

there are some #10 n ebay at the moment

I saw those and sent a message. Maybe you know the answer to this: Do they have 4 conductor wires? Are they "Bridge spaced" and "Neck spaced." I have decided to put these in a custom guitar that I am building (I was thinking of moving my 57/08's from my Custom 24, but I just love that guitar so much as is, and I can't change it). The luthier friend I have said he just needs to know these answers to help with the construction.

Thanks all

I actually don't know. Not have a pair to measure being the reason. Maybe another member on the forum can help with specs

Dont know about #10s but #7s are only 2 wire including ground but they are brilliant pickups and far cheaper than #10s.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Good to know. Very helpful. I was hoping for 4 wire, so if the #10's do, that will push me that way. doing an out-of-phase option. should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by vance View Post
    I have decided on these pickups. Anybody know where I can get a set of #10's or #7's? I would like a nickel cover if possible.

Also, can you change the pickup cover plates? I don't have much experience with pickups, but is it possible to go from a gold to a nickel?

cheers
    PM sent
    Sh*tter's full