Thread: Grissom Pickup In P22

Grissom Pickup In P22

So, it's been six months since the P22 arrived, and I finally got around to swapping out the 53/10 Bridge pickup with a Grissom...

(513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

What year is the Grissom pup?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    What year is the Grissom pup?
    2009, i think. Buy a guitar, get a free set of pickups.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Yeah, I agree. I don't know about a P22 exactly but the Grissom treble pickup is heavenly.

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

CRGTR kept insisting that the force was strong in the 2008/09 DGT pups. I had to experience it to understand, and boy do I now understand!Sounds like you had a similar experience.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

My 2009 DGT is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    CRGTR kept insisting that the force was strong in the 2008/09 DGT pups. I had to experience it to understand, and boy do I now understand!Sounds like you had a similar experience.
    DGT GAS is severe.
    Plank Owner

Glad I bumped into this thread.

I've got a DGT now and really enjoying it, and currently considering a P22 with the 57/08. How does the P22 with DGT compare to stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Glad I bumped into this thread.

I've got a DGT now and really enjoying it, and currently considering a P22 with the 57/08. How does the P22 with DGT compare to stock?
    well, i am not a fan of the 53/10's for dirt. the DGT pickup is great, but i lost too much volume when split because
    of the phase issue and i took it back out. 57/08's should have plenty of power but they will have a vintage character as compared to the DGT.

Thanks man, so in the P22 or even a P22 trem, the DGT pups might not be ideal?

Also on a side note from looking at your signature (nice guitars by the way), how does the DGT compare to the P22 and the Siggy, I'm thinking of either of those guitars (vs swapping pickups in my other guitar).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Thanks man, so in the P22 or even a P22 trem, the DGT pups might not be ideal?

Also on a side note from looking at your signature (nice guitars by the way), how does the DGT compare to the P22 and the Siggy, I'm thinking of either of those guitars (vs swapping pickups in my other guitar).

Thanks
    the DGT pickups will sound great in the P22's as long as you don't want to split them, which is wasteful imho.

regarding the P22 versus the Sig LTD: The Sig covers a great deal of clean and dirty ground but it's not a DGT. the P22 also covers a lot of ground, especially clean, but it is also not a DGT. my P22 is from Experience 2012 so it has the maple neck, which might be why my mileage is what it is. hope this helps more than it confuses

Thanks again,

Can't help but ask when you say but it's not a DGT, curious what you'd be referring to?

Also I'm guessing the Siggy would handle gain more clearly than the P22's 57/08s would?