Thread: Volume Control and P90s

Volume Control and P90s

Hello PTC!

I have a Custom 22 Soapbar from 2008 that I love. It has incredible tone. That said, its volume knob is nearly unresponsive. It adjusts tone a bit from level 10 to 2 where from 2 to 1 there is a noticeable volume drop. This is my only PRS that responds this way--does it have something to do with the P90s?

If not, can the PTC change this for me? Does the guitar need something like a treble bleed cap? My SASNF for instance has a very sensitive and usable volume knob. I'd love it if my Soapie had its volume flexibility.
    2010 PRS 53/10 LTD, 2011 PRS SASNF, 2008 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar, 1996 PRS Custom 22
    Amps: Mesa/Boogie, Roland, Morgan
    Effects: Skreddy, PaulCAudio, Diamond, Strymon
    http://soundcloud.com/ulysses-returns

Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Hello PTC!

I have a Custom 22 Soapbar from 2008 that I love. It has incredible tone. That said, its volume knob is nearly unresponsive. It adjusts tone a bit from level 10 to 2 where from 2 to 1 there is a noticeable volume drop. This is my only PRS that responds this way--does it have something to do with the P90s?

If not, can the PTC change this for me? Does the guitar need something like a treble bleed cap? My SASNF for instance has a very sensitive and usable volume knob. I'd love it if my Soapie had its volume flexibility.
    Hey man and welcome! This section of the forum is for us to talk about work we've had done by PTC, not necesarily a place for them to directly respond to questions so while Shawn may chime in from time to time, and obviously other users have a plethora of knowledge, I would also suggest shooting PTC an email directly and asking about it: custserv@prsguitars.com
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Try this - http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...od-for-Guitars

It works like a charm.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Thanks to you both, I've e-mailed Shawn and we'll see if my guitar can be helped--it needs a bit of PTC love anyway.
    2010 PRS 53/10 LTD, 2011 PRS SASNF, 2008 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar, 1996 PRS Custom 22
    Amps: Mesa/Boogie, Roland, Morgan
    Effects: Skreddy, PaulCAudio, Diamond, Strymon
    http://soundcloud.com/ulysses-returns