Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One problem with the 408's and NF pickups

today I just got done getting the HFS/Vintage pcikup set with PRS drop in 3 way w/push pull tone installed in my boys SE singlecut. 22 fret guitar. Tried the harmonic at 5th fret. well in coil tap pretty non existant. full HB mode it`s there but no where near what it is in the bridge position.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by helmi View Post
    what 4 guitars with nf's do you have? man, that sounds like heaven, especially a hardtail sas.
    SAS 25th, ME LTD, modded NF3, and the SAS NF that just arrived today.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Yup....that was my "basic understanding" but I have a lot of difficulty understanding how this is actually used during a solo. I am familiar with "pinch harmonics" but I have never really gotten a good handle on "natural harmonics" and would really appreciate a video that actually provides a demonstration of how they are used in a song.
    Many of Larry Coryells tunes have fine use of natural harmonics,as well as do Chet Atkins songs.

Tried this on my NF3 this morning, yep definite volume difference on 5th fret harmonic on neck pickup vs any other (including neck/middle combo).

Also tried it on my NF equipped SE and same deal, I must have got the neck pickup location "right".

Also tried it on my CU22 Soapbar, no volume difference there.

I first noticed this issue with my 513, 5th fret harmonic fine in single coil mode but almost impossible or very low output in the humbucker modes, I emailed PRS support about it they said to send the guitar to them, not a cheap option form the UK, a few months later I met PRSh while buying an ME1 and mentioned the issue to him he simply said no you won't get the harmonic at the 5th fret nothing wrong with the guitar, so I just remember to select another pickup if I want 5th fret harmonics.
    ME1 x4
    MEIII
    Santana II BR Ltd
    Singlecut x2
    PS SC-58
    Sig Ltd
    CU24
    HBII piezo
    513 RW
    Les Paul Std
    Two Rock, Carr, Matchless & Rivera amps

You don't stop playing because you're getting old
    You get old because you stop playing
    Vintage Stuff

Most Teles that I have played do this. just one of those things.....