Thread: Custom 24 Thin vs. Regular neck pattern

Custom 24 Thin vs. Regular neck pattern

I am in the market to buy a new PRS Custom 24 and have tried out both neck pattern options (thin and regular) in a local store. I cannot decide which one is best for me. Can anyone recommend better way to decide which neck option is right for someone?

I would suggest you spend some time soloing on each. Play high up on the fretboard and see which one feels more comfortable -- that will probably be where you feel the biggest difference.

It's all just a matter of personal preference and comfort. There really isn't a "right" answer.

I'm equally comfortable on a wide-fat, a pattern, and a pattern regular. But some players are very picky about the neck options.

If you're comfortable on the ones you mentioned, that's a good thing - gives you a wider variety of choices!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Really just have to spend time on them. I'm really picky about neck sizes. Luckily PRS makes wide fat, which is my home.
    Plank Owner

If both shapes are truly equally comfortable for you, then just pick the guitar that you like better. Base your decision on tone or cosmetics instead.