Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

You're the "demo guy" on You Tube and at the Experience? If so, cool! (you're kind of like a celebrity lol).

I have a question for J! Since you make a living playing so many different ones in so many different places, when you go home and play, what guitars are there waiting for you?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Awesome! Thanks so much for demoing the P22 for my niece at XPRS last year.

I've enjoyed watching you in the videos everywhere. I really like your soft-spoken, laid back approach. It's nice to be able to 'meet' you this way. Something tells me you'll be busy here.

Lloyd/Goldtop
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Welcome J! Glad to see you on the boards!
    PS 4746 - Echo
    Experience 2012 Custom 24 - Inara
    P24 - Natasha
    2012 Tremonti SE

Cool, thanks for making time to come hang out with us!

PRS Product Support Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I have a question for J! Since you make a living playing so many different ones in so many different places, when you go home and play, what guitars are there waiting for you?
    Good question, I always take out all of my PRS samples out try them in a "real world" environment (gigs, sessions, etc...) just to get a feel for the instrument. At home, I tend to play acoustic, I have an SE Angelus (mahogany) sample that I practice on, it just sounds super.

Nice to see you here, J!

Here's my question - short of handing them to you, how can I get my PRSi to sound that good???
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

welcome to the forum J.

I myself am some what new as I bought my first USA PRS last fall. A P22. I had always wanted a solid bopdy guitar that could do decent acoustic tones. Being a Taylor fan I had tried the T-5 ( played at stores and tried a friends out) Just never did what I wanted. Seemed like a compromise on both electric and acoustic and one could not do both together on a T5. The P22 gives me pretty much a sweet CU22 with the ability to get very good acoustic tone from it. Being I play at church alot it really is a great tool for that. Your demos are a part of the reason I went to check them out in person. I am now a pretty die hard PRS fan!
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Nice to have you J! Welcome aboard. Nice meeting you briefly at last year's EXP.

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Way cool to have you on the forum Jay. Thank you! Look forward to your responses.

Welcome Mr. Hayes!!

Welcome!

I've enjoyed your videos and demos for quite a while! Great to have you here as a resource!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

AWESOME!! Great to have you here Jay!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Hey J.

I really appreciated your in-person P22 demos last year at the Experience event. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I bought a
    "Exp 2012" P22 at the event that same day, and then I picked up a second P22 about a month later.......

Welcome to the Forum pal......lookin' forward to your contributions!

PRS Product Support Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rocguitar View Post
    Hey J.

I really appreciated your in-person P22 demos last year at the Experience event. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I bought a
    "Exp 2012" P22 at the event that same day, and then I picked up a second P22 about a month later.......

Welcome to the Forum pal......lookin' forward to your contributions!
    Thanks for warm welcome and I'm happy to hear that the P22 seems to be working out for you
    I'm a huge fan of the tone of the PRS piezo system, it's a real head turner. Have you have a chance to
    try the new trem version? I demoed it for the first time at the Musikmesse last month, it was very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    It's about @#$% time!

What he said..

Welcome Mr. Hayes! You've given me GAS on several occasions and have been "instrumental" in a couple of my PRS purchases. Next up is a Brent Mason Sig I feel...