Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Greetings!

  1. #41
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Welcome Mr. Hayes! You've given me GAS on several occasions and have been "instrumental" in a couple of my PRS purchases. Next up is a Brent Mason Sig I feel...
    Thanks! The Brent Mason Signature, Paul's Guitar and the Two Channel Custom were among my favorite products introduced at this past NAMM show. Now if someone would kindly lend me some cash???

  2. #42
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,501
    Welcome Jay!

    I got my 2 channel custom........and as stellar as it is, it seemed to sound even better when you were demoing it at NAMM.......hmmmmm, wonder what's up with that? Couldn't have anything to do with player skill levels could it?
    Sh*tter's full

  3. #43
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Welcome Jay!

    I got my 2 channel custom........and as stellar as it is, it seemed to sound even better when you were demoing it at NAMM.......hmmmmm, wonder what's up with that? Couldn't have anything to do with player skill levels could it?
    Congrats on the Custom, it's a very versatile amp. Regarding my "NAMM" tone, I set the EQ pretty flat, the midrange shift (lead channel) and the bass boost were both pulled out, I've found that seems to make a big difference in the lead channel's fatness. That should get you there...

  4. #44
    Auth. PRS Dealer TGSCAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    276
    The J-MAN !!!!

  5. #45
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by TGSCAN View Post
    The J-MAN !!!!
    Howdy Brent! How's the Great North???

  6. #46
    Auth. PRS Dealer TGSCAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Hayes View Post
    Howdy Brent! How's the Great North???
    Pretty nice now buddy. Hope to see you soon !

  7. #47
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    No plans for crossing that border, but it's still early. I'll be at the Guitar Center in Rochester, NY on June 8th, that's close. ;~}

  8. #48
    Howdy Jay, great to see you on here! I'm getting excited about a lightweight Brent Mason model all the way from the Great North :-). Cheers Amigo!
    DGT Secretary of Space

  9. #49
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Hi David, Thanks for the welcome, great to be here. I think you'll really like the Brent Mason, it's an extremely versatile guitar with tone for days.
    Lemme know your thoughts about it when you lay hands on it. Cheers amigo!

  10. #50
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Hey J, this got asked in a different thread. How would the Brent Mason go for high gain, hard rock and metal tones? We're not sure how the 408s are wound differently, can you shed some light on this one? Thanks man!

  11. #51
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Hey J, this got asked in a different thread. How would the Brent Mason go for high gain, hard rock and metal tones? We're not sure how the 408s are wound differently, can you shed some light on this one? Thanks man!
    I think the Brent Mason would cover those tones with no problem, I think it comes down to the player not the guitar. The humbucking tones of the 408 are fat and articulate when the guitar's volume is maxed, back the volume down a bit and it can also clean up nicely. Running it in the single coil mode is just "icing on the cake." The 408's are designed to be a killer humbucker and at the same time offer an accurate single coil tone.

    For what it's worth, I've noticed that most the of players who have checked out my Brent Mason sample usually crank it up for more a rock/metal tone and with great results.
    Last edited by J. Hayes; 05-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Hayes View Post
    I think the Brent Mason would cover those tones with no problem, I think it comes down to the player not the guitar. The humbucking tones of the 408 are fat and articulate when the guitar's volume is maxed, back the volume down a bit and it can also clean up nicely. Running it in the single coil mode is just "icing on the cake." The 408's are designed to be a killer humbucker and at the same time offer an accurate single coil tone.

    For what it's worth, I've noticed that most the of players who have checked out my Brent Mason sample usually crank it up for more a rock/metal tone and with great results.
    I swear by my 408 equipped guitars. They are my snake in the grass metal guitars.
    Plank Owner

  13. #53
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I swear by my 408 equipped guitars. They are my snake in the grass metal guitars.
    The 408's have a nice edge to them, open sounding, but still fat. Plus a very good single coil tone, an all around musical pickup.

  14. #54
    Auth. PRS Dealer Martin Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    33
    I had the great pleasure to hang out with J at my store yesterday afternoon. He's not only a super nice guy but also a phenomenal player!

    Eric Martin
    Martin Music
    1659 Poplar Ave
    Memphis, TN 38104
    901-729-2466
    www.martinmusicguitar.com


    Join us on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Memphi...5449133?v=wall


  15. #55
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Hi Eric, Muchas danke beaucoup for the southern hospitality yesterday. It was really good seeing y'all. The Brazilian Angelus and Paul's Guitar with the one-piece top were a cut-above, just exceptional. Btw, a note to anyone visiting Martin Music/Memphis, do yourself a favor and hit the bar-b-que spot near Eric's - the ribs and bar-b-que spaghetti were crazy good! Again, thanks for everything!

  16. #56
    Hey J! A couple of years ago, you were down here at the Guitar Center in Raleigh and I believe you mentioned that you kept the original Goldtop DGT w/ moons that you used on the demo from the PRS website.

    Do you still have it?
    Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

    2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

  17. #57
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybri View Post
    Hey J! A couple of years ago, you were down here at the Guitar Center in Raleigh and I believe you mentioned that you kept the original Goldtop DGT w/ moons that you used on the demo from the PRS website.

    Do you still have it?
    Nope, it was returned. Great sounding guitar!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Hayes View Post
    Great sounding guitar!


    #3 on the list!

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...tered-the-Room
    One Life

  19. #59
    PRS Product Support Manager
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The road...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    But it was a great sounding guitar! In the video you can hear how that guitar rang like a bell, I can't make this stuff up.

  20. #60
    J. You make every guitar sound great. You have something Brent Moss calls "Bone Tone".
    One Life

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •