Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD: Private Stock DC245 Aqua Glow

Wow x lots

Beautiful - like gazing into a lagoon.
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Awesome Top. That color is addicting to look at!! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jcha008 View Post
    I absolutely love this guitar! How's the tone report?
    So far it's awesome. Everything I would expect in a PS. Tone wise, it's got a little more bite than my Wood Library SC but it's in the same neighborhood. I like the combo of the lightweight body and the sinker neck. The notes just ring out better than just about any PRS I've played. Reminds me a lot of that stoptail Wood Library DGT I owned except slightly warmer tone and more comfortable neck.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    So far it's awesome. Everything I would expect in a PS. Tone wise, it's got a little more bite than my Wood Library SC but it's in the same neighborhood. I like the combo of the lightweight body and the sinker neck. The notes just ring out better than just about any PRS I've played. Reminds me a lot of that stoptail Wood Library DGT I owned except slightly warmer tone and more comfortable neck.
    Sounds like you spec'd a winner. The other one is likely not far behind.
    Plank Owner

You know, I'm not usually a big quilt fan, but THAT is something special.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    That top is just dreamy... :::swoons:::

Quote Originally Posted by bird_droppings View Post
    You know, I'm not usually a big quilt fan, but THAT is something special.
    Yeh, I'm usually likewise but I think I've figured it (no pun intended ...) - I like one-piece quilt tops but not so keen on book-matched quilt.
    2013 PRS 408 Standard Frost Blue Metallic | 2012 Gibson '61 Reissue SG | 2010 Gibson Firebird V w/BKP Nantucket P90s | 2008 Sewell Vintage Custom Stealth Tele | 2012 Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 Head / Dual-Ported 1x12 | 2007 Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue 2x12 Combo | 200x Epiphone Valve Senior 1x12 Combo | AnalogMan | Fulltone | ZVex | MXR | TC Electronic

Thanks for the comments. I've never been much of a quilt guy myself unless it was a spectacular killer quilt example like this. I was really going for creating a tone monster similar to Pete's Jade Glow Ted but when I saw that top, I decided what the heck. My other PS build was supposed to be the looker of the bunch but this one is going to be hard to top at my house. I'm also curious to see how Pete's build turns out since his quilt top is the other half of this pc of wood, a mirror image.
    Last edited by yankeebulldog; 05-10-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon