Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "New Forum Guitar" idea.... too soon?

A couple of years ago someone I know passed away. We sent a camera around to everyone so we could get memorial pictures for his family.

Moral of this story is, I wound up having the camera's for a year and half. I am out on this, as I will just screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwrx View Post
    A couple of years ago someone I know passed away. We sent a camera around to everyone so we could get memorial pictures for his family.

Moral of this story is, I wound up having the camera's for a year and half. I am out on this, as I will just screw it up.
    Lol. You just have to be the highest bidder at auction. Then there's no problem, and you're still in.

I would be happy to donate an SE to this cause. Maybe a Singlecut Korina? Something easy to sign?

I've done something similar with another group with great success. Great idea Sergio. A little brotherhood will go a long way.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    I would be happy to donate an SE to this cause. Maybe a Singlecut Korina? Something easy to sign?
    You are a KING among men!!

I will donate a PRS Vintage style Multi Fit hardshell case for this guitar to be shipped around in...
    Last edited by Hopeful Sinner; 05-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.

I'm in, great idea Serg! Obviously I can't sign or do any mods but happy to chip in towards freight cost as it seems Brian G has graciously offered a SE already! What a dude!

Count me in. I will donate to the cause plus include a PRS strap that came with my thank you package. I know the Strap isn't anything major but just trying to help. Great idea Sergio
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Wow. Just wow.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I'd be in as well.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

In.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Alright! Sorry to those of you who tried to PM me, my box was full.

Brian G! What an awesome gesture!

This is still completely hypothetical, and I'm not sure exactly how collecting money and donations pertains to staying within the forum rules, so let's keep speaking about this in a "perfect world" kind of way.

I think it's great so many of us would like to do this, and I would really like to get this guitar to as many members as possible. If Brian G. is willing to donate a guitar (and that's cool with everybody including the forum and PRS guitars) then perhaps we could use any money for shipping to those long distance locations.

I am hoping that we might be able to have multiple members within close proximity to each other, be able to meet up and sign the guitar. It could be a minor get together (which could be fun!) that would allow us to save a few bucks on shipping, and allow us to send it out to more locations.

There have been a bunch of cool ideas so far, and I welcome everybody to offer more ideas as long as we keep them appropriate to the task at hand.

If shipping to the EU and AUS is going to be way too expensive, I would like to se if there would be a way for those members to sign a decal that we could apply to the guitar.

Please keep in mind that aside from the one time I organized a dance off to save my local community center ( which later inspired the movie "Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo" ) I am not a professional event planner or organizer. If anybody's feelings get hurt or any animosity comes up from this, it's over.

Sounds like a great idea Sergio!! And I agree about maybe meeting up with others nearby to do the signing of the guitar and cut down on costs.

I'm in!! And will help in any way that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Alright! Sorry to those of you who tried to PM me, my box was full.

Brian G! What an awesome gesture!

This is still completely hypothetical, and I'm not sure exactly how collecting money and donations pertains to staying within the forum rules, so let's keep speaking about this in a "perfect world" kind of way.

I think it's great so many of us would like to do this, and I would really like to get this guitar to as many members as possible. If Brian G. is willing to donate a guitar (and that's cool with everybody including the forum and PRS guitars) then perhaps we could use any money for shipping to those long distance locations.

I am hoping that we might be able to have multiple members within close proximity to each other, be able to meet up and sign the guitar. It could be a minor get together (which could be fun!) that would allow us to save a few bucks on shipping, and allow us to send it out to more locations.

There have been a bunch of cool ideas so far, and I welcome everybody to offer more ideas as long as we keep them appropriate to the task at hand.

If shipping to the EU and AUS is going to be way too expensive, I would like to se if there would be a way for those members to sign a decal that we could apply to the guitar.

Please keep in mind that aside from the one time I organized a dance off to save my local community center ( which later inspired the movie "Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo" ) I am not a professional event planner or organizer. If anybody's feelings get hurt or any animosity comes up from this, it's over.
    Not a problem, sounds like a very cool project. Im down to do it - just keep me posted. I dont have too too much time to help plan, but Im glad to help with the guitar!

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Okey Dokey....

First off this is a great idea!!!

As i'm sure you'll understand I'm out when it come's to passing the actual guitar around, but....

If anyone is prepared to post one of the back plates such as the trem cover, control plate, or decal as Sergio mentioned, then that would be pretty cheap for me to sign and return. it would be great to be a part of it any way I can even if it's a small donation.

I'll help anyway I possibly can!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Like.

Class act as usual Brian, awesome gesture man!
    -Matt

Count me in! Love the idea!!
    I have some USA parts & pickups to donate as well.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Okey Dokey....

First off this is a great idea!!!

As i'm sure you'll understand I'm out when it come's to passing the actual guitar around, but....

If anyone is prepared to post one of the back plates such as the trem cover, control plate, or decal as Sergio mentioned, then that would be pretty cheap for me to sign and return. it would be great to be a part of it any way I can even if it's a small donation.

I'll help anyway I possibly can!
    Great idea, if maybe the covers etc could do a tour over to Europe and also down under we can all get hands on and be a part of this.

I'm even more in now!

To emphasize the guitar's travels, everyone needs to put their city and state (and country fer the feriners) when they sign. I say send the control covers overseas right away!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    To emphasize the guitar's travels, everyone needs to put their city and state (and country fer the feriners) when they sign.
    I think that's a great idea!