Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: PRS Leather gig bag

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    PRS Leather gig bag

    Hi my name is James. I am new to the forum. I was wondering if any forum members could help me find
    a PRS leather gig bag. I have looked on Ebay and have had no luck. Thanks

  2. #2
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    595
    I don't think they're making them any more. They pop up on ebay every now and then, but they're hard to find.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  3. #3
    I had one a few years back; they're darn nice.

    And while I don't know for sure who supplied them, they were very much like the Reunion Blues gusseted gig bag here:

    http://reunionblues.com/products/gui...lectric-guitar

    I used RB bags for many years for travel gigs, and they are very high quality, super-protection, etc.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    295
    They're great except for one issue.....the webbing/stitching where the straps meet the bag are weak. Both of mine have ripped in that area.
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  5. #5
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    I'd rather have a canvas SE bag. The letters "SE" bugged me until I played one.
    One Life

  6. #6
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    They're great except for one issue.....the webbing/stitching where the straps meet the bag are weak. Both of mine have ripped in that area.
    That was the old SE gig bags, not the leather ones...

    ETA: They've since fixed the problem with the SE bags...
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  7. #7
    Senior Member captdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    pensacola FL
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I'd rather have a canvas SE bag. The letters "SE" bugged me until I played one.

    My Bernie is a "Student Edition", but the people that have played it all say its every bit of a professional guitar..they could use it to put food on the table.

  8. #8
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by captdg View Post
    My Bernie is a "Student Edition", but the people that have played it all say its every bit of a professional guitar..they could use it to put food on the table.
    Contrary to popular belief, SE doesn't stand for Student Edition.
    One Life

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    That was the old SE gig bags, not the leather ones...

    ETA: They've since fixed the problem with the SE bags...
    Funny.....I've got 2 leather ones that I bought from PRS and both have strap issues. One is completely torn thru and the other about 50% thru.



    I have more PRS gigbags than cases and guitars put together......The new nylon PRS and SE bags are outstanding.....

    And just for you Doc......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  10. #10
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, SE doesn't stand for Student Edition.
    Which begs the question......
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  11. #11
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Which begs the question......
    SErgio. There, that's finally been put to rest.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    At 3:05 PRS refers to an SE as a student instrument
    But he doesn't say 'edition' in his general comment. Nor does he say that SE stands for 'Student Edition'.

    I'll see if I can find the article where he calls the reporter on his assumption that SE stands for Student Edition. Next time I have occasion to talk to him, I'll ask what is DOES stand for.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 05-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    One Life

  14. #14
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRS_Guitars

    "PRS introduced a new, affordable, "Student Edition" line of guitars in the late 1990s referred to as the "SE". The Student Edition line is manufactured in Korea."





    v And Hans just straightened me out. NEVERMIND!



    Last edited by 11top; 05-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

  15. #15
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    You had better go read that again.

    Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRS_Guitars

    "PRS introduced a new, affordable, "Student Edition" line of guitars in the late 1990s referred to as the "SE". The Student Edition line is manufactured in Korea."


    One Life

  16. #16
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    Apparantly, Paul won't tell anyone what SE really stands for. I did a quick look for the article where he pushed back on the reporter who claimed it stood for Student Edition. No luck.
    One Life

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    Funny.....I've got 2 leather ones that I bought from PRS and both have strap issues. One is completely torn thru and the other about 50% thru.



    I have more PRS gigbags than cases and guitars put together......The new nylon PRS and SE bags are outstanding.....

    And just for you Doc......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where's the problem??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????


    Jamie
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  19. #19
    Senior Member captdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    pensacola FL
    Posts
    498
    Gee Hans..I didnt mean to bring up an issue..Im not a Homewrecker...

  20. #20
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,107
    Huh?
    One Life

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •