Thread: Artist cases

Artist cases

I love them. Very sturdy and love the inside. But damn they're heavy. Seems the wood is like twice as thick. Maybe I'm just getting old & weak?

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I love them. Very sturdy and love the inside. But damn they're heavy. Seems the wood is like twice as thick. Maybe I'm just getting old & weak?
    Being an Artist is all about suffering.

If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Their regular cases are heavy too. My Brent Mason Model in the case is over thirty pounds--that's actually heavier than my amp! I'm looking for a lighter-weight case to fit it--maybe SKB's got something?

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Being an Artist is all about suffering.

I know, it makes the art better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jfine View Post
    Their regular cases are heavy too. My Brent Mason Model in the case is over thirty pounds--that's actually heavier than my amp! I'm looking for a lighter-weight case to fit it--maybe SKB's got something?
    Yeah, the regular cases I'm used to. Those don't bother me much. I can't say I'm gonna seek out a different case, this one already has some wear to it.

The best solution: a carbon fiber case has the lightest weight and most strength, but pricy:

http://carbonfibercases.com/Guitar_Cases_83DG.html

If I traveled often with a guitar, I'd rock one of these.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson