Thread: popping noises when using the 5 way rotary selector

popping noises when using the 5 way rotary selector

this topic has probably been discussed to death here , prs newb here, be gentle..

anyways i here a popping/noise whenever i change the position on the rotary, is this common with this system, would you recommend just switching to a 3 way toggle with push/pull?

thanks in advance

It's possible spraying some contact cleaner in there will help, you can get it from any decent hobby shop. Just be careful where to spray it of course!

Changing to a 3-way and coil tap will result in different tones, that's great if you're going for that but if you use the 2/3/4 (7/8/9) positions now you may not be happy with the change.

Some Deox-it will help but I actually enjoy the rapid-fire clicks going from bridge to neck, do it on the down beat before a solo and it adds a little guitar "hash" to the part.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Some Deox-it will help but I actually enjoy the rapid-fire clicks going from bridge to neck, do it on the down beat before a solo and it adds a little guitar "hash" to the part.
    just cleaned up the contact points..now it's back to normal, it's just that i'm not used to the clicks.