Thread: NAFD!

NAFD!

Before you jump to conclusions, that's not a new Artist Five - that's NAVD.

This is NAFD - new action figure day! More accurately, new Ace Frehley day...

Lil Ace respecting Cartman's authoritah...

Not visible in this pic are the two from the other side of the shelf - a Grim Reaper from Family Guy and Buddy Christ.

I found the Ace at a record store here - thought it was a bit pricey until I saw it was more than twice that online, so I picked it up. I left the base attached to keep it from losing balance and pitching forward just like the real Ace.

My wife still gives me crap about buying a full set from Wal-Mart when they were blowing them out and then not opening them, so I have to pull those out at some point. The record store has a special Alive! set - all four guys plus some instruments and stage stuff that's not available otherwise. They had the Creatures set, too, but the problem with those is having a place to set them up. This fits nicely above my DAW.

There's also apparently an HO-scale figure of a woman flashing - I told my wife I want that so I can pretend I have groupies!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE! if space is a problem you build an addition! a most excellent score!
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

that's awesome!!!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    There's also apparently an HO-scale figure of a woman flashing - I told my wife I want that so I can pretend I have groupies!
    Couldn't you just persuade your wife to flash you? Then you'd actually, you know, have a groupie.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    I need to find where I put my Optimus Prime figure come to think of it.

That Ace figure looks pretty cool!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Couldn't you just persuade your wife to flash you? Then you'd actually, you know, have a groupie.
    What - you think she's going to ENCOURAGE me???
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Very cool. Thanks a bunch Alan, now you have me combing evilbay for old star wars action figures.

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Before you jump to conclusions, that's not a new Artist Five - that's NAVD.

This is NAFD - new action figure day! More accurately, new Ace Frehley day...

Lil Ace respecting Cartman's authoritah...

Not visible in this pic are the two from the other side of the shelf - a Grim Reaper from Family Guy and Buddy Christ.

I found the Ace at a record store here - thought it was a bit pricey until I saw it was more than twice that online, so I picked it up. I left the base attached to keep it from losing balance and pitching forward just like the real Ace.

My wife still gives me crap about buying a full set from Wal-Mart when they were blowing them out and then not opening them, so I have to pull those out at some point. The record store has a special Alive! set - all four guys plus some instruments and stage stuff that's not available otherwise. They had the Creatures set, too, but the problem with those is having a place to set them up. This fits nicely above my DAW.

Not only Ace, but "Dynasty" era Ace. Too Cool!

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock