View Poll Results: Which method of posting images for the PSF thread do you prefer?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • External host (like Photobucket or Flickr) - And Shawn is the man!

9 18.00%
  • Use attachments - clicking the image doesn't bother me & Shawn is the man!

12 24.00%
  • Don't care - Shawn is the man & I appreciate him for creating & maintaining this thread.

29 58.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image Hosting for Frivate Stock Friday

I hardly ever attach pics since I have my own server for my pic hosting, but I just did a test over at my forum, and the thumbs are bigger, so they are adjustable.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f4/attachmen.../#post52078923
    I have seen some VB forums though display the attachments inline much bigger, so maybe they are just making the clickable thumbs bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    I have seen some VB forums though display the attachments inline much bigger, so maybe they are just making the clickable thumbs bigger.
    Yes, I believe that's the case. Assuming the DB stores the original file as well as the thumbnail (which I think is certain) then larger thumbs means even more storage requirements. It is likely that the thumbnails will remain small.

Please place your on vote on the assumption that the thumbnail will remain small.
    One Life

Don't care, Shawn is the man is a vote for - "Use attachments" , correct? Cuz given a choice you want to go to attachments?

I voted for the attachments. If I can go to an album/archive that is much better than wading through pages looking for particular pics from prior weeks/months/years...

and Shawn IS the man!

SHAWN IS THE MAN!!!!

I am easy, but suggested Picasa by Google earlier. Free...Easy...Google services are quite reliable.
    Plank Owner

I voted for: Use attachments - clicking the image doesn't bother me & Shawn in the man! Which I'm sure is supposed to read: Shawn IS the man! Since he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    I voted for: Use attachments - clicking the image doesn't bother me & Shawn in the man! Which I'm sure is supposed to read: Shawn IS the man! Since he is!
    Fixed it.
    One Life

I'm good with whatever makes it easy for you guys. I'm just happy this exists and I'm eternally grateful that it does.

I also think there should be a direct link to the PSF thread from the Private Stock page on the main PRS site

Any choice is fine by me. Shawn is the man !

Let me throw this in the mix.
    I am not sure what plugin they are using over at fjcruiserforums.com, another forum I use, but it uses attachments like you want to do here, but once you click the first attachment, there is no need to close it and then click on the next one to see it.
    It opens them all up in a gallery window with next/previous buttons.
    And if you click in a pic within the gallery window, it will open it up bigger.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...7-post577.html

I vote external for a few reasons - first and foremost it would be easier for Shawn to be able to upload the photos directly to an app from his phone isntead of transporting them all to the computer harddrive and then upload them to the forum. Secondly, I feel like it would be nice to be able to access them all in a single folder without browsing the thread if need be.

Shawn - have you thought about using the company Flickr account and making an album for PS Friday? I know this thread has been advertised in company emails so I would assume its as officially unoffical as we can get! haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I used to host all my pics for forums on our band's server space. Shawn is the man! But he's got this giant website called PRSGuitars.com with all their available hosting and bandwidth available. Why can't he just have some set up where he has a folder that he can FTP directly into and upload his files from his phone? Then you'd just copy the URL here.

For example, here is my old band's website:
    http://www.chiefbeefband.com/site/

So, in the subdirectories I created all sorts of oddball webpages not linked to from the original site, and also used it for picture hosting.

Here is a webpage featuring my old Goldtop McRosie:
    http://chiefbeefband.com/john/guitarra/Goldtop/

Here is a picture of my CU22 when it was brand spankin' new, hosted here: http://chiefbeefband.com/john/guitarra/InCase.jpg

I don't understand why we have to rely on anything else?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Here is a webpage featuring my old Goldtop McRosie:
    http://chiefbeefband.com/john/guitarra/Goldtop/
    Sorry for the derail but, That's Beautiful!!! What happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Sorry for the derail but, That's Beautiful!!! What happened to it?
    I agree, and it is not without regret that I no longer have it. It was first owned by Mike Duncan, then by Boston Guitar, then by me for a good 2 1/2 years. It was the nicest instrument I have ever owned, and in a lot of ways the best sounding... until the rest of the band kicked in. For whatever reason, with my/our setup it was always getting lost in the mix, which is hard to do when you're the only guitar player in a 3 piece band. I must have tried a dozen sets of pickups in it trying to find the right ones that accentuated the right frequencies to help it cut through better, while maintaining the natural warmth and complexity that made it sound so good when played by itself. Eventually I gave up and sold it to a friend of mine who later moved to L.A. and I believe he still has it. I see pics of it in his facebook feed from time to time. I do miss it.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I agree, and it is not without regret that I no longer have it. It was first owned by Mike Duncan, then by Boston Guitar, then by me for a good 2 1/2 years. It was the nicest instrument I have ever owned, and in a lot of ways the best sounding... until the rest of the band kicked in. For whatever reason, with my/our setup it was always getting lost in the mix, which is hard to do when you're the only guitar player in a 3 piece band. I must have tried a dozen sets of pickups in it trying to find the right ones that accentuated the right frequencies to help it cut through better, while maintaining the natural warmth and complexity that made it sound so good when played by itself. Eventually I gave up and sold it to a friend of mine who later moved to L.A. and I believe he still has it. I see pics of it in his facebook feed from time to time. I do miss it.
    Totally understandable... It's crazy how important it is to find "Your Tone" within the context of other people!

Back to PS Friday pics, is it Friday already? Hurry up!

Testing LARGER thumbnail with attachment feature.

Click to enlarge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps06.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	24
    One Life

works great!
    Jeff