Thread: Incoming Nerves! 408 Neck..PRS Mistake????

Incoming Nerves! 408 Neck..PRS Mistake????

Ok, so last July I purchased a 408 from a wild guitar store out west. Website said Pattern neck. I asked the sales person to double check for me before it shipped. He came back that it was a pattern thin neck even though the hang tag said it was a pattern neck. It was a 196XXX serial number. I ended doing a different guitar because of that. So tonight I was doing a little research on the serial number of the one I just ordered to see if I could narrow down when it was made (you know how it is when you are waiting for a guitar to come in) and found this thread...

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...ifferent-Necks

That's a 197XXX serial number VERY close to the one I just ordered.

Does anybody know if PRS might have been making a mistake on hang tags around Jan/Feb of last year??? I know the pattern thin neck is WAY more popular than the pattern neck so some people might not have even cared if the hang tag was wrong.

This guitar is coming directly from PRS to my dealer so if it is wrong, hopefully PRS will do something to make it right even though I am getting a killer deal because the guitar is a year old. I was told that PRS cut the dealer a special deal because of that.

Oh man, I'm kinda nervous!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Not heard of anything like that happening.

BTW, I had no idea the pattern thin necks were more popular. Love the pattern neck, myself...
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

With the amount of hang tags they do it's not surprising there are mistakes.

My hang tag is one digit out on the serial number. It's doubtful there was a particular spell when it was especially bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post

My hang tag is one digit out on the serial number. It's doubtful there was a particular spell when it was especially bad.
    I was thinking that too. A few here and there I can see, but a whole run would be unlikely.
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    I know the pattern thin neck is WAY more popular than the pattern neck...
    Just curious.... What is your source for this?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    Yeah I've seen that 408 with the wrong tag, I think he was selling it last year because he couldn't get along with the PT neck. I guess it could happen, if you end up not getting the neck size you want I am sure WW gutars/PRS would help you in some way, but I'd say that wrong tag was a rare occasion.
    I have 2 408's with the pattern and the PT, I actually love both(I go back and forth) but overall prefers pattern a bit more.
    Last edited by megaboogie; 02-24-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Just curious.... What is your source for this?
    Time to post up a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
    Time to post up a poll?
    I wonder what our sample size is like (ratio-wise) compared to the worldwide sales/distribution of PRS guitars?
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by richardlpalmer View Post
    I wonder what our sample size is like (ratio-wise) compared to the worldwide sales/distribution of PRS guitars?
    Beats me, but it would be nice to know what the people here favors.

Okay let me rephrase that statement, I assume Pattern Thin necks are more popular because every time I go to buy a guitar I can't seem to find a Pattern neck.

I am not buying this from WW, I am buying this from a local dealer and I'm sure if something is wrong it will be made okay.

I guess another way to look at it is that Pattern necks are so popular that all you can find out there are the less popular Pattern Thin necks!
    Last edited by slang05; 02-24-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I have a hang tag that has one of the worst mistakes that I have ever seen. So bad they actually has to send me a new one filled out correctly.
    Ron Lucas
    Guitar Center Cincinnati
    ronald.lucas@guitarcenter.com
    513-671-4555

Quote Originally Posted by GC Ron View Post
    I have a hang tag that has one of the worst mistakes that I have ever seen. So bad they actually has to send me a new one filled out correctly.
    Well good news is mine is perfect with a few additional surprises, all positive, I freaked about nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    I freaked about nothing!
    Good, old fashioned anxiety is worth sharing.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson