Thread: I never introduced myself

I never introduced myself

Hi, I'm Kristina. I'm 20 years old and I've been playing guitar since I was 8. I got my first PRS last year on November 5th, five days before my 20th birthday. It's a scarlet red PRS SE Orianthi and the first song I ever learned how to play on it was According to You. Orianthi is literally my guitar playing idol (she started following me on Twitter yesterday). If it wasn't for her making it acceptable to be better than my male counterparts, I wouldn't have gotten as advanced as I am. I am now at the point where I've surpassed the level of playing the two guitarists in my all time favorite band, The Summer Set, are at, both of whom are male and older than I am (one by four years, the other by a little more than just a year and a half). Their names are Josh Montgomery and John Gomez. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with them last year before a sold out show a band from my home state of Maryland, All Time Low, were playing. Josh and John know of my passion for guitars and my knowledge about them. After that same show, I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow PRS player. His name is Jack Barakat and he's the guitarist for All Time Low. The fact that we're both PRS players made for a good conversation piece. I showed him a picture of Orianthi (my guitar), in which he responded with, "That is one sick guitar" and then proceeded to take my phone out of my hand without asking or saying anything. The next time I get an opportunity to meet Jack, I'll be sure to ask him what his opinions are in regards to female guitarists. I'm sorry if this sounds like rambling. I get very passionate about music, guitars, and my experiences at concerts.

Here's Orianthi:

http://t.co/DriF4YtTAt

And here's the reason why Jack Barakat took my phone out of my hand (that's me in the picture with Jack):

Welcome to the forums. Nice guitar. The Orianthi Signature is pretty sweet. You'll certainly find your fill of PRS addicts here.
    Plank Owner

Welcome to the forum Kristina.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Welcome to the Fold...

Hello and welcome!
    Jeff

Hey there, welcome aboard! I have a "Ori" model too and love it!

Welcome! It's a great place to hang!
    -Bob

Nice guitar and I hope you find this is a place you like to visit regularly. Welcome aboard.

Hi Kristina. Welcome!
    One Life

Welcome, Kristina!

BTW, Ori didn't make it acceptable to be a better player than men. It was always acceptable - there are a lot of great women players out there. Fortunately, I've been demoralized by enough players that a better player's gender doesn't even faze me anymore! Check out Donna Grantis, another PRS player and Prince's latest guitarist. Or Jill Sobule, Debbie Davies, Nina Gordon, or going way back, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Mother Maybelle Carter.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Welcome! We're all here rambling about PRS and music in general. That's why we're here!

Nice to have you.

Welcome to the world of PRS. You will fit in perfectly.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Welcome to the forum Kristina, I agree, both Ori and her sig guitar are awesome!

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Hi Kristina, welcome to the forum!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Hi Kristina, and welcome to the forum. You have a fine guitarist idol in Orianthi. I've never met her, but from what I hear she is a nice, classy, sincerely good person. I like her music.

I'm glad you're here; I dig your enthusiasm. And if rambling is a crime, then I think we'll all be in trouble!

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'