Thread: Met Paul at a meet-and-greet

Met Paul at a meet-and-greet

Last week Paul stopped by our local guitar shop to demo some stuff. I wrote about it on my blog here:
    http://readgain.com/gain/an-evening-with-paul-reed-smith

There were only about 15 of us. It was a really cool experience, and I am so stoked that I thought to bring my '93 CE24 to get signed!

Very cool. I've been to several events like this, always a good time. Nice you got a rare opportunity with so few people there to make it very personal.

Good write-up on you blog. Welcome to the forum.
    One Life

Love how Paul is sitting on a cab intead of the G!?@0n stool right in front of him!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

Great post, and enjoyed the comments on your blog!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Thanks guys! Yeah, the small group really made it special - we were able to ask him anything we wanted. There were only a few hours notice that it was going to happen - the only way I found out about it was that I was on the mailing list of my local shop.

Welcome to the forums. Nice blog. What little time I have spent with Paul I will treasure immensely...always.
    Plank Owner

Banned
    Excellent post and interesting blog. I've never met or talked to PRSh, don't really know very much about him. He has built a very successful company from his vision of what a guitar should be. Kudos to him all the people that make it possible. They produce fabulous, gorgeous, stunning guitars that are highly desirable/functional and finally starting to get their due in the professional ranks ... well deserved.
    Last edited by WishICouldPlay; 05-26-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Dude! Where are the rest of the pics of that 93 CE!?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Dude! Where are the rest of the pics of that 93 CE!?
    Indeed.

Here it is!

I put stainless steel jumbo frets on, and Hipshot open gear locking tuners.

The picture isn't showing up for me for some reason.

That is so cool! Way to go...

One of the things I really hate about living in Hooterville is that cool things like this seldom if ever happen here. Not many factory rep-type visits take place here, and especially not from The Man Himself. Same with live music... Not many tours come trough here anymore, as opposed to 'the old days' in the 80's when everybody had us on the schedule.

Location, location, location, and Amarillo is quite a drive or flight from anywhere cool. :-(

Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

The shop I go to Dave`s Guitar shop in LaCrosse WI just posted this a couple days ago on their FB page

We are happy to announce that on June 1st we will be hosting Paul Reed Smith, Tony Mcmanus and Davy Kowles for a clinic! They will be showing off new products and the features of the guitars that they love!
    The clinic will start at 1pm!
    Come on in and check it out! We will also be offering a live stream of the event! We will share the link for the live stream a few days prior to the event!
    Looking forward to seeing you all!

So guess where I will be next Saturday! this will be cool to actually meet the guy who built the company of the guitars I really love playing!
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

I hope I'm around next Saturday - and that I remember to watch!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    The shop I go to Dave`s Guitar shop in LaCrosse WI just posted this a couple days ago on their FB page

We are happy to announce that on June 1st we will be hosting Paul Reed Smith, Tony Mcmanus and Davy Kowles for a clinic! They will be showing off new products and the features of the guitars that they love!
    The clinic will start at 1pm!
    Come on in and check it out! We will also be offering a live stream of the event! We will share the link for the live stream a few days prior to the event!
    Looking forward to seeing you all!

So guess where I will be next Saturday! this will be cool to actually meet the guy who built the company of the guitars I really love playing!
    Pretty sure I'm going, I need to reschedule my bird tattoo touch up session though

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Pretty sure I'm going, I need to reschedule my bird tattoo touch up session though
    I thought about flying to MKE and renting a car. Maybe picking up my boy Geese on the way.
    Plank Owner

Awesome story man! Interesting that his personal seems to be finished in aqua violet (from what I can tell). Lately, it seemed his personals have been more earthy colors such as amber.
    Last edited by jcha008; 05-27-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Man, that's cool. Wish I had an opportunity to meet PRSh. He's the Steve Jobs of guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I thought about flying to MKE and renting a car. Maybe picking up my boy Geese on the way.
    Shoot me a PM if you guys come!