Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 118

Thread: The New Forum Guitar travel thread

  1. #41
    Senior Member south89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hagerstown,MD
    Posts
    502
    Thanks again Bill for meeting me halfway and making it easy to be a part of this project. This guitar plays like a dream and whoever wins this guitar will have a very nice guitar.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

    1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

  2. #42
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,368
    I'm really psyched that people are meeting up to sign this guitar and get to know each other a little bit outside of this forum. I can't wait to see who I'll be able to meet once this hits Illinois!

  3. #43
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,324
    Cool beans!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  4. #44
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,415
    What is brown, shaped like the 2001 obelisk and travels from Carroll County MD to Nashvegas TN for only $25.25 insured?



    Last edited by rugerpc; 07-16-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  5. #45
    Senior Member Rango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The FAR SIDE of the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    971
    Guitar should pick up some MoJo in NashVegas!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

  6. #46
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,415
    A quick check of the tracking number gave me this:

    In transit
    Departed FedEx location
    HAGERSTOWN, MD
    Estimated delivery :
    Fri 7/05/2013
    NASHVILLE, TN

    History:
    - 7/02/2013 - Tuesday
    9:47 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
    4:09 pm Picked up HAGERSTOWN, MD
    7:23 pm Arrived at FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD
    - 7/03/2013 - Wednesday
    7:13 am Departed FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD

    South89 is from Hagerstown, but met me in Frederick, MD. He slapped a Hagerstown sticker on the case. It seems only fitting that FedEx would let the guitar spend the night in Hagerstown and earn that sticker!
    Last edited by rugerpc; 07-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  7. #47
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    Got it!! I will begin the mojo-mods today!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  8. #48
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    Got it!! I will begin the mojo-mods today!!
    Woo Hoo!

    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  9. #49
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095

    Viva NashVegas!!

    Ok kiddies.... The gtr hit the bench yesterday & I got to work right away. 1st things 1st....Siggy

    Now getting ready for surgery...

    So I start taking the pups out & find a little note inside..

    I grabbed the drill & put in a nice CTS 500k volume pot and then installed some new brushed 'buckers! These are very cool '50's PAF style pups. Very good tone. I won't mention the guy who made them. I love his pups, but he is dead to me.

    Now on to some cosmetic stuff....
    PRS style strap buttons.

    Some purdy pearl buttons.

    And finally...my guitars new best friend, the ToneRite. This vibrates the guitar and REALLY works in bringing out that "played" tone.


    I banged out a few notes on it before I put the ToneRite on her & she sounds very good. I am going to have my "go-to" luthier do his "CR" setup this week (probably tomorrow) and then I shoot some video & send her on her way. I need to find the perfect Nashville sticker for the case this afternoon.
    So stay tuned......more to come!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  10. #50
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,511
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear it now.

    I forgot all about putting "Hi Chris" on that PU.

  11. #51
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    Ok kiddies.... The gtr hit the bench yesterday & I got to work right away. 1st things 1st....Siggy
    Now getting ready for surgery...
    So I start taking the pups out & find a little note inside..
    I grabbed the drill & put in a nice CTS 500k volume pot and then installed some new brushed 'buckers! These are very cool '50's PAF style pups. Very good tone. I won't mention the guy who made them. I love his pups, but he is dead to me.
    Now on to some cosmetic stuff....
    PRS style strap buttons.
    Some purdy pearl buttons.
    And finally...my guitars new best friend, the ToneRite. This vibrates the guitar and REALLY works in bringing out that "played" tone.
    I banged out a few notes on it before I put the ToneRite on her & she sounds very good. I am going to have my "go-to" luthier do his "CR" setup this week (probably tomorrow) and then I shoot some video & send her on her way. I need to find the perfect Nashville sticker for the case this afternoon.
    So stay tuned......more to come!
    Man, I SO want this guitar... Looking way cool Chris. I saved all your pics locally to add to the archive.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  12. #52
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear it now.

    I forgot all about putting "Hi Chris" on that PU.
    It cracked me up when I saw it. I had just taken a swig of a cool PBR & I just about spit beer all over the guitar!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  13. #53
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,368

  14. #54
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    I may swap the pickups. The ones I put in sounded good, but not great in that guitar. I think I may have a better match for the korina. I see more solder smoke in my future... More to come......

    EDIT:
    So I DID swap the pups. I had a special set waiting for just the right guitar and this one was it! It's a Burstbucker 1 in the neck & a VERY special BB3 in the bridge.....


    You won't find this one anywhere else. And the tone?......Perfect!

    Sticker...as requested!


    CR APPROVED!!! Video up soon!
    Last edited by crgtr; 07-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  15. #55
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095

    Official CR Demo

    Here ya go guys! This gtr ROCKS!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  16. #56
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,511
    Looks and sounds great! Nice video.

  17. #57
    Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,429
    You are the man CHRIS!!!

    I'm kinda glad those other pups didnt stay in, I have a feeling I know what they were...and we share the sentiment regarding his "status".

    Wish I coulda come up to meet the geetar while it was close but didn't wanna be "that guy" and impose on your turf...

    Oh well, it'll make it's way back down south soon enough hopefully...

    Those BB's w/the flame covers look so freakin schweet!!! Not to mention she sounds badazz!!!

    Can't wait to hit a lick on that baby...

    Bravo Gents!

  18. #58
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    You are the man CHRIS!!!

    I'm kinda glad those other pups didnt stay in, I have a feeling I know what they were...and we share the sentiment regarding his "status".

    Wish I coulda come up to meet the geetar while it was close but didn't wanna be "that guy" and impose on your turf...

    Oh well, it'll make it's way back down south soon enough hopefully...

    Those BB's w/the flame covers look so freakin schweet!!! Not to mention she sounds badazz!!!

    Can't wait to hit a lick on that baby...

    Bravo Gents!
    Jon, you are always welcome in my home. It would've been great to see ya. The BB pups are great in the SE and no bad mojo associated with them! I was saving the flame pup for something special and thought this would be a perfect fit!
    I'm shipping her off tomorrow and have to say I'll miss this one. It's a real player with great tone.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  19. #59
    Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    Jon, you are always welcome in my home. It would've been great to see ya. The BB pups are great in the SE and no bad mojo associated with them! I was saving the flame pup for something special and thought this would be a perfect fit!
    I'm shipping her off tomorrow and have to say I'll miss this one. It's a real player with great tone.
    Man, I really appreciate that Chris.. Maybe one day we can put together a play date aka (mini Southern Experience) and you can melt my face in person while I full on do the Wayne's World "I'm now worthy"

    Next time I will NOT be sheepish about asking...
    -Jon

    "I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

  20. #60
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    Man, I really appreciate that Chris.. Maybe one day we can put together a play date aka (mini Southern Experience) and you can melt my face in person while I full on do the Wayne's World "I'm now worthy"

    Next time I will NOT be sheepish about asking...
    Sounds like fun! We should do it!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •