Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roll call for Dave's Guitar 6/1

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Are you the one who showed the arm tatoo? I am watching the stream right now until I have to head out.
    Yes, that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Yes, that was me.
    Cool! Too bad I wasn't there in person. I left right when he was about to play the 59 Les Paul. I would have loved to be in attendance just for a chance to see an actual 1959 LP.

Tony McManus is a monster guitar player. Made me want to buy an acoustic today. It was a nice clinic.

Nice to meet Vaughan as well.

I'm so bummed I missed it!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    They said on Facebook that they will put the video on Youtube eventually. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    Join the club; or I'll join your club. Dang flood. Not that I saw anything I NEEDED on Dave's site, but with 249 of em, I could have missed one. I'm still wishing I'd picked up one of his semi-hollows from last time I was there.

I got to meet strat63. Nice meeting you Don.

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam

;78016

I saw you and there and wondered if you might have been a forum member.

The thing I took away most from yesterday was how much the unplugged acoustic properies of an electric carry over to when it's plugged in. I've always know it to some extent, I'm just glad when I sit and play an electric unplugged that it's telling me what I want to know for the most part. That and how great loud electric sounds played in the acoustic room(and Paul's fascination with it). It is pretty amazing that no matter what note is played, the acoustics reverberate that note even though all those guitars are somewhat out of tune. It's pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Cool! Too bad I wasn't there in person. I left right when he was about to play the 59 Les Paul. I would have loved to be in attendance just for a chance to see an actual 1959 LP.
    The neck pickup on the 59 sounds great, the bridge is pretty thin sounding IMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by strat63 View Post
    Tony McManus is a monster guitar player. Made me want to buy an acoustic today. It was a nice clinic.

Nice to meet Vaughn as well.
    Yeah, Tony's a beast. Very nice guy too. I picked up his new cd from him there, where he used his Sig PS exclusively...it seriously sounds unreal. It might be the best acoustic tone I've heard recorded(not that I'm any expert).

Sounds like it was an awesome time. Not that there was ever a doubt. Glad those that made it had an excellent experience. Rock on guys!
    Plank Owner

The neck pickup on the 59 sounds great, the bridge is pretty thin sounding IMO though.
    That's how I remember the 59 from Paul's last visit; but, like Paul said, the neck pickup is THE sound from 59s. Tha's why I picked up my MEII at that show - using the neck pup, it sounded identical to the '59.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post
    That's how I remember the 59 from Paul's last visit; but, like Paul said, the neck pickup is THE sound from 59s. Tha's why I picked up my MEII at that show - using the neck pup, it sounded identical to the '59.
    That's quite an endorsement, Jon. I've not had the pleasure of hearing a genuine '59 burst and a PRS at the same time.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post
    I remember that moment exactly, Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    That's quite an endorsement, Jon. I've not had the pleasure of hearing a genuine '59 burst and a PRS at the same time.
    It was definitely a wow moment Hans. The guitar Jon picked up NAILED the '59 neck tone to a T. Only thing is, Jon's bridge pickup tone is way better IMO

I remember that moment exactly, Jon.

It was definitely a wow moment Hans. The guitar Jon picked up NAILED the '59 neck tone to a T. Only thing is, Jon's bridge pickup tone is way better IMO
    Way better - likely - way DIFFERENT - absolutely. A lot fatter and thicker than the 59 bridge pup. OTOH, I'm old enough that I got to play a lot of older Les Pauls before they became untouchable. I can't remember an old bridge pup that wasn't "thin."

That said, I'm glad Paul and PRS has decided to "get" the neck tone, while "improving" the bridge. Works for me.

What I like about Paul is he is always thinking bout how to impove or just aware of things around him. When he heard the reverb from all the acoustic guitars he was like a kid! I noticed that the gears were turning too when he heard that. Kind of like HOW do I capture this. I knew about acoustic properties being important on an electric but was a bit surprised to hear what it sounded like unplugged was prettry much what you heard plugged in. I think Paul really liked that 54 Tele. Maybe if Paul were to say give him all of the huge inventory Dave`s just got in maybe Dave would give him the tele lol. ( then again probably not ! ) talking to Dave afterwards before heading home said they still have like 90 PRS guitars in storage not out on floor yet.!
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around