Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones?

Yep, no ep due to the holiday.

I was flipping through the books for confirmation about something and saw a spoiler for something coming up - people are not going to be happy. During the whole Ned scene, I kept waiting for the usual twist that never came.

We've watched this since day one, but I have to say, a lot of this season has left me kind of bored. Some of the worst elements of '24' and 'True Blood' - a whole lot of set up, a lot of story lines I couldn't work up an interest in, too may fringe-seeming characters. That said, the last couple eps have been better, and a friend who watches in a group said her friends keep telling her to 'just wait...'

That said, I absolutely love Tyrion - have since nearly the beginning. Peter Dinklage can do no wrong in my book - he even made a Drunk Uncle skit on Saturday Night Live funny (he was Peter Drunklage). And I have to give it up for the kid that plays Joffrey - I would very much support his public beating, and it must take some acting chops to be that hatable.

For my money, the single best scene this season was Jamie and Brienne in the bath, when Jamie explained why he killed the king. Beautifully done.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

watch it every week. I also read all the books.
    Jeff

I've seen every episode. It's great except it could really use more boobs.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

I have to catch up on this season, but it's a pretty fun show.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatthews View Post
    Somehow I have a feeling that the hottie Calisi is going to get it soon...
    CALISI IS GOING TO GIVE IT...BIG TIME...THEY WILL ALL BE TOAST...WAH HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a fan, but sometimes I wonder why. I find it very hard to follow at times. There are too many characters and family trees to keep track of. This season has been a little boring really. Take away the dragons, some guy getting his hand cut off, and some other guy getting something else cut off...and I'm not sure if this season really offered anything.

Was it on last week? my pvr did not record it.

I am also a fan.

Episode 4 of this season was huge. Loved the exchange between Cersei and Tywin. The melee at Crastors. They finally FINALLY created a Daenerys scene where there actually seemed to more than dozen people there.

In general, I love the scenes involving Tyrion, Cersei, Arya, Daenerys, Joffrey, and Jaime.

I could do without those with Theon, Catelyn, Sansa, Bran and Jon.

The small council meeting where the chairs were adjusted was possibly the highlight of the season. So much information without a single word.

But sorry, Jester - no Jon story? That would mean no Ygritte - I'm not making that sacrifice!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I can't read this thread............cause I'm only thru season 2!

Luv it!

I'm also diggin' The Americans (what's not to like with Kerri Russell) and Justified (Natalie Zea)!!!!
    Sh*tter's full

Some big things happened in the third book so something exciting will happen. However, I heard that they split the book Storm of Swords into two seasons so I'm not sure what will happen in the final episodes.
    Jeff

Now I'm pissed!
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    This is getting as rough as season 1... I feel like maybe they took it easy on us in Season 2...

That sucked!

I can't imagine anyone calling this season ""boring" after last night. Wow, I did not see that coming!!!
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    I've seen every episode. It's great except it could really use more boobs.
    hmm - you must have watched the Behind the Scenes/Making of episode on SNL. It explains everything.

I read the books; hated the ending; as a result, I can't really invest in watching the show - unless they go completely off the tracks, the way they have with True Blood.

I just bought seasons 1 and 2. My plan is to buy all of them and watch them when I retire in 5 years....well, do you have a better retirement plan?
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

Just watched the penultimate episode of series three, truly shocking!

I knew a little of what was coming, but not the scope. A huge development to say the least. I did see some wild online comments in articles today - my favorite blamed HBO for ruining the story with apparently no realization that the books exist.
    Alan