Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones?

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    The Red Wedding was an affair to remember for sure... So sad...

There's a YouTube comp of peoples' reactions - clearly filmed by people who knew what was coming. I don't know what's funnier - some of the reactions or the people laughing at them.

Not embedding for spoiler purposes - and for some NSFW language shrieked through parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Great show!!! Last episode pissed me off...........................no sound credits made it worse. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by francric View Post
    Great show!!! Last episode pissed me off...........................no sound credits made it worse. hahahaha
    My wife said, "Just like '24'!"
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I am watching the lastest series with my missus at the moment. I guess, in general, it is okay, but I am now onto book five and I can honestly say that I get rather disappointed by all the major departures from the book story line. The one I watched last night was the infamous "Red Wedding" at the Frey's and I just could not understand why they put Robb's wife Jeyne in that part of the story, she was left back at Riverrun so as not to stir up Walder Frey any more than needed. And the Blackfish didn't go to the Frey's either.

Oh well, I can everyone else is enjoying it so I'll shut up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by francric View Post
    I think they did that as we were in shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    My wife said, "Just like '24'!"
    24 is on its way back from what I read.
    Yes, Jack will be back to kick more @ss.

Can't wait for the new 24 season!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

So much for the Starks...got to hand it to the writers, fearless to dump several major characters in one episode. I like that.

Anyone have detail on the new season of 24? My wife mentioned it but I haven't been able to find any detail. Anybody got a link to some details?
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Quote Originally Posted by slev View Post
    So much for the Starks...got to hand it to the writers, fearless to dump several major characters in one episode. I like that.

Anyone have detail on the new season of 24? My wife mentioned it but I haven't been able to find any detail. Anybody got a link to some details?
    Not sure if I can still find the article, but it's going to be a shorter series - more like 12 episodes, but they're going to jump over some of the dead stretches. Should make for a tighter show. One of the producers said it could be the "first of several".
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
    I am watching the lastest series with my missus at the moment. I guess, in general, it is okay, but I am now onto book five and I can honestly say that I get rather disappointed by all the major departures from the book story line. The one I watched last night was the infamous "Red Wedding" at the Frey's and I just could not understand why they put Robb's wife Jeyne in that part of the story, she was left back at Riverrun so as not to stir up Walder Frey any more than needed. And the Blackfish didn't go to the Frey's either.

Oh well, I can everyone else is enjoying it so I'll shut up LOL
    Robbs wife had a very minimal part in the book so i was also surprised by her large role in the series.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jlogicalor View Post
    Robbs wife had a very minimal part in the book so i was also surprised by her large role in the series.
    Is the book(s) as good as the series? I'm in the car a lot and always on lookout for a good audio book.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Ah, I see. I've only just started book five. I guess I shouldn't say too much because, although it would not spoil it for the watchers of the TV series, it would for anyone reading the book.

Quote Originally Posted by slev View Post
    Is the book(s) as good as the series? I'm in the car a lot and always on lookout for a good audio book.
    I'm biased, because I always have a book on the go, but I would say that on this occasion I prefer the book over the film. And in this case, much like other popular fantasy type books, LOTR, WoT etc, they can sometimes be a heavy read.

Thinking about it, I would probably enjoy the TV adaptation better if I had not read the books first...

The writers probably saw what a fine looking lady they cast for her role and decided to give this woman some more lines and some more face time. She's hot, and eye candy never, ever hurts a show's ratings. Plus, what happened to her increased the shock factor exponentially.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

George R.R. Martin said the TV guys took an already brutal scene and "turned it up to 11".
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post
    I read the books; hated the ending; as a result, I can't really invest in watching the show - unless they go completely off the tracks, the way they have with True Blood.
    George R.R. Martin said the TV guys took an already brutal scene and "turned it up to 11".
    He also said the show is starting to catch up to the books so he's working hard on the next book(s).

Spoilers from a leaked DVD extra...

http://teamcoco.com/video/george-rr-...rones-spoilers

KINGSLAYER!!!! \m/
    Alan

\m/ \m/

Damn you!

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

North of the southern border, east of the western sea
    Spoilers from a leaked DVD extra...

http://teamcoco.com/video/george-rr-...rones-spoilers

KINGSLAYER!!!! \m/
    Hodor! Brilliant.
    Be.